About Me

My photo
Chuck Baker is Right! Well, I am. What I mean is that my friends always joke that I’m always right (or at least I think I am). The thing is I don’t say anything, unless I know I’m right. So it's not that I’m right about everything, but usually when I speak I know what I’m talking about. My dad always said, “Don’t speak unless you know your right.” This blog includes many subjects like religion, politics, business, movies, sports, and more. On the left you will see options to search this blog, see popular posts, a catalog of posts, and favorite links. Please check out my YouTube channel by clicking on the link under favorite links.

Trump isn't a Winner

Trump isn't a winner and will lose in a general election to any Democrat. I say this knowing that there were be plenty of Trump lovers that will give me hate. So let me be clear in saying that while I will not vote for Trump in the Republican Primary, if he wins the Primary I will vote for him in the general election. I voted for Trump twice. Trump is the greatest president of the 21st century, the second greatest president of my lifetime (Reagan is #1), and possibly one of the top 5 greatest Presidents ever. But unfortunately none of that matters, because Trump can't get enough people to vote for him in a general election to win.  

Here is why...

1. Biden isn't as toxic to the Democrats. Biden is the worst president of my lifetime. And still he just barely lost the House and gained a seat in the Senate during the midterm. Usually a president's party during a midterm election will lose a few seats in the senate and 20 to 30 seats in the House. But Biden bucked that trend and honestly made the Republicans look bad. Republicans are poorly run and have no clue.

2. Trump hasn't won an election since 2016. Trump and the Republicans won in 2016, but have lost in 2018, 2020, and now again in 2022. Three of Trump's backed candidates for the senate all lost. In Pennsylvania Trump's guy Dr. Oz lost to a guy with brain damage. Walker in Georgia lost to a radical Leftist in a state that used to be a strong Republican state, where the governor who Trump hates won in a landslide. And Arizona has now flipped from red to blue.  

3. America isn't a center right country, but a center left country. Republicans have only won a majority of the popular vote in a presidential election once in the last 8 elections. While we have won the electoral vote 3 times we can't and won't win the electoral college if we continue to lose the popular vote. Unfortunately more of the country falls in line with centrist Democrats over Republicans. But also unfortunately the Democrats are run by the hard left.

4. Trump can't get over 45% of the popular vote and can't win the electoral college. At best Trump might be able to get 45% of the vote. But honestly I think he will barely get over 40% in a general election. Trump can't win states that he won in 2016 like Pennsylvania, Michigan, Arizona, and now likely Georgia. Without winning 2 to 3 of those he has no path to winning the electoral college. Biden got 8 million more votes than Trump and Clinton got 3 million more votes. Even if there was fraud in the election at most that would only account for a few hundred thousand votes, but not millions of votes. Republicans can't overcome fraud without winning a majority of the vote.

5. Trump failed during 2020. Trump wasn't terrible during Covid, but he made a lot a mistakes. He shutdown the economy. He gave away trillions of dollars that has helped to create this massive inflation. He let Dr. Fauci basically run the country. And he pushed for the vaccine.  

6. Jan. 6th and the election of 2020 will hang over Trump. Many Americans didn't like the events of Jan. 6th and feel how Trump handled it was really bad. That isn't to say he did something criminal or organized the riot. But he didn't do enough to stop it and his first response was incredibly weak. Also the 
fact Trump didn't show up for the Biden Inauguration was an embarrassment to the peaceful transfer of power our country has always been about. This made Trump look very small and unpresidential.

If we Republicans vote for Trump in the primary and he wins, he will not win in the general election. He will actually be embarrassed and Democrats will gain even more power. 2024 might be the end of the Republican party.