About Me

My photo
Chuck Baker is Right! Well, I am. What I mean is that my friends always joke that I’m always right (or at least I think I am). The thing is I don’t say anything, unless I know I’m right. So it's not that I’m right about everything, but usually when I speak I know what I’m talking about. My dad always said, “Don’t speak unless you know your right.” This blog includes many subjects like religion, politics, business, movies, sports, and more. On the left you will see options to search this blog, see popular posts, a catalog of posts, and favorite links. Please check out my YouTube channel by clicking on the link under favorite links.

Mentoring in a #MeToo World

Currently, with the #MeToo movement there has been many men in business that are now concerned that if they mentor a woman or even work closely with momen they could open themselves up allegations.  The first thing men must remember is that these allegations going around are just a small % of all of the interactions between men and women as a whole in business.  Everyday men and women work together without issue.   I just do what I've always done and that is to treat everyone in a professional way.

Here are a few other suggestions for men:

1.  Your workplace is not "The Office" you are not Jim and your co-worker isn't Pam.  My point is don't date or flrit with anyone at work.

2.  Going with the same logic as above you aren't Michael Scott and your sexual jokes aren't funny.

3.  When you are at a business dinner, meeting, or conference with alcohol limit yourself and never get drunk. 

4.  Keep your hands to yourself and be very careful about giving hugs.  While we develop close relationships with some co-workers it's usually best not to hug and limit physical contact to a handshake, high five, or fist bump.

5.  Limit private 1 on 1 meetings outside of work.  Never meet in a hotel room.  If you are meeting in a private office leave the door open.