About Me

My photo
Chuck Baker is Right! Well, I am. What I mean is that my friends always joke that I’m always right (or at least I think I am). The thing is I don’t say anything, unless I know I’m right. So it's not that I’m right about everything, but usually when I speak I know what I’m talking about. My dad always said, “Don’t speak unless you know your right.” This blog includes many subjects like religion, politics, business, movies, sports, and more. On the left you will see options to search this blog, see popular posts, a catalog of posts, and favorite links. Please check out my YouTube channel by clicking on the link under favorite links.

Drunk Driving and Illegal Immigrants

Recently an Indianapolis Colts football player was killed by a drunk driver.  But the fact is it could have been prevented if we had a secure boarder and we enforced our immigration laws.   You see the drunk driver was an illegal immigrant who had already been deported twice.  The truth of the matter is illegal immigrants make up a huge portion of the drunk driving deaths in America.  From Newsmax, "About 4.5 million illegal aliens in the U.S. drive on a regular basis, many without licenses or insurance or even the ability to read road signs written in English, The New York Times reported. In Arizona, 63 percent of cited drivers have no license, no insurance, and no registration for the vehicle, and 97 percent of them are illegal aliens. Of the 188,380 deportations of illegal aliens in one recent year, 23 percent had committed criminal traffic offenses, primarily driving under the influence. Rep. Steve King of Iowa has estimated that illegal alien drunk drivers kill 13 Americans every day."

It is estimated that of the 10,500 drunk driving deaths in the U.S. up to 4500 were committed by illegal immigrants.  So we can cut the deaths from drunk driving by 30% to 40% just by securing our boarders and fixing our immigration system.  And really it would likely cut drunk driving deaths 40%-60%, because police and community resources wouldn't be wasted on preventing these illegal immigrant drunk drivers.

Getting our immigration system fixed isn't going to stop all drunk driving deaths, but if building a wall could decrease deaths by 20% or more isn't it the right thing to do?