About Me

My photo
Chuck Baker is Right! Well, I am. What I mean is that my friends always joke that I’m always right (or at least I think I am). The thing is I don’t say anything, unless I know I’m right. So it's not that I’m right about everything, but usually when I speak I know what I’m talking about. My dad always said, “Don’t speak unless you know your right.” This blog includes many subjects like religion, politics, business, movies, sports, and more. On the left you will see options to search this blog, see popular posts, a catalog of posts, and favorite links. Please check out my YouTube channel by clicking on the link under favorite links.

The 15:17 to Paris

It's an okay movie that is getting a favorable score because of the story.  It is the true story of 3 Americans that stopped a terrorist on a train going to Paris.  It has a positive Christian message, which you don't see in a Hollywood movie. If the movie had been by the church/production team who made Fireproof and Courageous, I'd say it was made really well.  But it is a Clint Eastwood movie and it really should have been a lot better quality.  The story is very good with some humor.  And it seems they were trying to be honest about these 3 men and what happened.  The acting isn't good, because the main actors are the real life heroes of the story and not actors.  They did the best they could, but it was obvious they had no acting background.  The writing didn't help either as it was just average. Just know it is about the story and not the storytelling that is important.  And the climax on the train is tense and is by far the payoff to watching the whole movie. I think it could've been better as more of a documentary with cut aways of dramatic reenactments.  If you watch it more like that instead of a movie, it is much better.