About Me

My photo
Chuck Baker is Right! Well, I am. What I mean is that my friends always joke that I’m always right (or at least I think I am). The thing is I don’t say anything, unless I know I’m right. So it's not that I’m right about everything, but usually when I speak I know what I’m talking about. My dad always said, “Don’t speak unless you know your right.” This blog includes many subjects like religion, politics, business, movies, sports, and more. On the left you will see options to search this blog, see popular posts, a catalog of posts, and favorite links. Please check out my YouTube channel by clicking on the link under favorite links.

The Omni-God

"Our God is an awesome God, He reigns on heaven and earth, with wisdom and power and love our God is an awesome God."  We talk about how awesome God is, we sing about how awesome he is, but do we really know what that means.  In the Christian church I think sometimes we only like to talk about having a close personal relationship with God.  We forget sometimes that God is also the King and Ruler of the universe.  He is the Creator of Life.  He is the Alfa and Omega, the beginning and the end.  And we forget what makes him that way.

“Where’s God?”

Two little boys were best friends at church, but they both had a reputation for getting into trouble.  One Sunday, one of the boys was home sick, but the other boy, not wanting to let his friend down, was twice as bad as normal.  As he was running through the sanctuary after church, the pastor grabbed him and angrily said, “Where’s God?”  The little boy was frightened and didn’t know what to say.  The pastor continued, “I want you to go home and think about it and I don’t was you to come back until you can tell me where God is.”  The boy went home and called his sick friend on the phone.  “Guess what,” he said, “They’ve lost God, and they’re trying to blame that one on us, too.”

We know God is everywhere.  We have an Omnipresent-God.

Omnipresent-God:  Omnipresent is defined as being present in all places at the same time.  Our God is here and everywhere at all times.  He is not watching from a distance. 

First, Omnipresence states that God is everywhere.  If you were sitting in a tree, omnipresence says that God is present with you.  When you are in your car, He is with you.  He is here with us now. 

Second, omnipresence means that you cannot sin without sinning in the presence of God.  If you are tempted to tell a little white lie to someone you don’t know, God is present.  If you are tempted to falsify your income tax report in the privacy of you own study, God is there.  You cannot sin without sinning in the presence of God.

Third, omnipresence means that God is always with you, so you are never alone.  Billy Graham has stated that when he preached on loneliness, he got a greater response than on any other topic.  Because God is omnipresent, the person who is alone or lonely can take comfort that God is there.  Many prisoners of war and hostages, who have spent many years isolated, have reported that knowing that God was present sustained their faith.

Psalms 139:7-12; "Where can I go from your Spirit? Where can I flee from your presence?If I go up to the heavens, you are there; if I make my bed in the depths, you are there. If I rise on the wings of the dawn, if I settle on the far side of the sea, even there your hand will guide me, your right hand will hold me fast.  If I say, “Surely the darkness will hide me and the light become night around me,” even the darkness will not be dark to you; the night will shine like the day, for darkness is as light to you."

Matthew 28:19-20' "Then Jesus came to them and said, “All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me.  Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age.”

What effect does our knowledge of an omnipresent God have on our everyday life?  Hope, God is here, God is with the sick man in the hospital, He is with the soldier in Iraq, He is with the baby about to be aborted.  God is always here going through what we are going through.

The Third Person Is God

Once when a, great British surgeon, had finished operating before a gallery full of distinguished visiting doctors he was asked how he could work with such a crowd present. He replied: “You see, there are just three people in the operating room where I operate—the patient and myself.” “But that is only two!” his questioner commented; “Who is the third?” the surgeon responded, “The third is God.”

Ask yourself, can you remember a time when God was there?

We humans like to think we are smarter than God and we know more. But our God is Omniscient-God.

Omniscient-God:  Omniscient is defined as knowing all things.  Our God knows all, even our thoughts.  His thoughts are higher and greater than our thoughts.  God knows both the actual and possible.  He know what has happened and what will happen.  He knows the actual outcome of an event and all the possible outcomes of an event.

Singapore:

I was flying to Atlanta through Dallas.  My American Airlines flight left Austin for Dallas at 6:30A.M., and left Dallas for Atlanta at 8:30 A.M.  In Austin, I walked in a sleepy blur to the gate that said Dallas, 6:30 A.M.  The flight attendant looked at my boarding pass and invited me to board.  I settled in for what I knew would be at least thirty more minutes of sleep.  We landed, and as I got off of the plane the red-jacketed man meeting the flight asked me if I had a connecting flight.  I said I did, flight 1242.

“Sir, we have no flight 1242,” the man said.

“Of course you do,” I said, and showed him my ticket.

“Sir, that’s an American Airlines ticket.”

I blinked hard. “Who are you?” I asked thickly.

“Delta,” he replied.

I stared at him blankly.  On the outside I was the picture of sober control and decorum, but inside my mind was screaming, “Delta? How in the world could you be Delta?  I flew American!  Where am I?  Who am I?  What has happened?”  My mind raced for some snatch of meaning.  I felt as though I were in the Twilight Zone.  Eventually I was able to speak.

“How did I get here?”

“Sir, I have no idea.”

“Where is this?”

“Dallas, sir.”

Dallas.  At least I’m at the right airport.  No need to panic.  All I have to do is take the people mover to the American terminal, which I have enough time to do, and take my flight to Atlanta.  Everything is okay. Everything is okay.

I go on my American Airlines flight to Atlanta, but for the life of me I have a hard time figuring out what happened.  The best I can guess is that both American Airlines and Delta had flights leaving Austin for Dallas at the same time and the gates were right next to each other.  By the time I arrived, everyone else was on board, they were in a hurry, and the flight attendant did not check my boarding pass carefully enough.  In the providence of God, the plane was going to Dallas and not Singapore!

I have often thought of that incident.  I was one person in one place at one point in time, in a circumstance in which there are many safeguards built in, and still, something went wrong.  Can you imagine what the world would be like if God did not know everything?  We’d all be in Singapore!

 Psalms 147:5; "Great is our Lord and mighty in power; his understanding has no limit."

John 2:24-25; "But Jesus would not entrust himself to them, for he knew all men.  He did not need man’s testimony about man, for he knew what was in a man."

What effect does our knowledge that God is Omniscient mean in our lives?  Comfort, we can trust that he knows us by name.  He understands our pain.  He knows what the future is for us and if we let him guide us we can trust he will not let us down.

God Gets 100%

An ill-prepared college student taking an economics exam just before Christmas vacation wrote on his paper. “Only God knows the answers to these questions. Merry Christmas!” The professor graded the papers and wrote this note: “God gets 100, you get 0. Happy New Year!”

Ask yourself, isn’t it wonderful to know that we worship a God that always get a 100%?

Memo From God

I am God.  I will be handling all of your problems.  Please remember that I do not need you help.  If life happens to deliver a situation to you that you cannot handle, do not attempt to resolve it.  Kindly put it in the SFGTD (something for God to do) box.  It will be addressed in My time, not yours.  Once the matter is place into the box, do not hold onto it.

Remember I always do it right the first time, even if you don’t think so.  When you don’t understand something I’m doing, don’t worry it is most likely over your head.  If you don’t think something will get done in time, don’t worry I control all of time and space.  Lastly if you trust and have faith in me, things will go a lot smoother.

We can trust God to handle everything, because he is omnipotent.

Omnipotent-God:  Omnipotence is defined as having unlimited power or authority; all-powerful.  Our God is the one and only God with unlimited power and authority.  God is able to do whatever He chooses.

It is by looking at nature, and specifically “space,” that we get some feel for God’s omnipotence.  We used to think that the universe was simply our Milky Way Galaxy.  Today we know that galaxies number perhaps a hundred billion.

We could look at the incredible temperatures generated with our sun, or we could marvel at the way our body knows how to respond to infection.  Our God created all this. 

Psalms 135:5-6; "I know that the LORD is great, that our Lord is greater than all gods. The LORD does whatever pleases him, in the heavens and on the earth, in the seas and all their depths."

John 17:1-2; "After Jesus said this, he looked toward heaven and prayed:  “Father, the time has come. Glorify your Son, that your Son may glorify you.  For you granted him authority over all people that he might give eternal life to all those you have given him."

What are some of the ways God demonstrates his omnipotence?  The sky is not falling.  The stars are in there place.  I am able to breath.  And man has tried to destroy the world for over 5000 years, but it only took God 40 days to do destroy what he made in only 6.

The Big Engineer Above

Thomas Edison said: “No one can study chemistry and see the wonderful way in which certain elements combine with the nicety of the most delicate machine ever invented, and not come to the inevitable conclusion that there is a Big Engineer who is running this universe.”

Ask yourself, Doesn’t an all powerful God deserve your worship?

If God was just omnipresent he would be everywhere, but wouldn‘t know what to do.  If God was just omniscient, he would know everything, but couldn’t do anything about it.  If God was just omnipotent, he would be an all powerful tyrant, because he would not be wise and he would not be were he needed to be at all times.

Our God is an Omni-god.  While false gods of the Old Testament and myths only had power and authority over certain things, our God is an Omni-God. 

Omni-God:  An Omni-God is defined as all, everywhere, unlimited.  Our God knows all is everywhere and is limited by nothing. 

Isaiah 40:28; "Do you not know? Have you not heard? The LORD is the everlasting God,

the Creator of the ends of the earth. He will not grow tired or weary, and his understanding no one can fathom."

How Big A God Do You Have?

When Henry Norris Russell, Princeton astronomer, had concluded a lecture on the Milky Way, a woman came to him and asked: “If our world is so little, and the universe is so great, can we believe that God pays any attention to us?” Dr. Russell replied, “That depends, madam, entirely on how big a God you believe in.”

God alone is worthy of our worship and God alone is worthy of our service.

Backwards

“I promised you a rose garden in the next life, and enough grace for the thorns in this life.  I promised you that, if you would dedicate your life to me totally, and live for my values, I would use you significantly in ministry to others and would fill your life with peace, love, and joy.  The problem is that you are living for this world, and I have failed you if I don’t give you the things you want in this world.  You have things backwards.  You are to serve Me.  I am not to serve you.”  (God)

People think of God is here just for their happiness.  They say, “God if you want me to worship you better do something for me.”

Rick Warren said in the Purpose Driven Life, “You were planned for God’s pleasure.”

Even if God had not sent his Son, he would still be worthy of our worship.  Because he is all powerful, all knowing, and present everywhere he is worthy.  And even thought he is all these thing, he was still willing to die on a cross for us. 

Ask yourself, knowing how awesome our God is and how much he sacrificed for us, don’t you want to worship and serve him even more?