About Me

My photo
Chuck Baker is Right! Well, I am. What I mean is that my friends always joke that I’m always right (or at least I think I am). The thing is I don’t say anything, unless I know I’m right. So it's not that I’m right about everything, but usually when I speak I know what I’m talking about. My dad always said, “Don’t speak unless you know your right.” This blog includes many subjects like religion, politics, business, movies, sports, and more. On the left you will see options to search this blog, see popular posts, a catalog of posts, and favorite links. Please check out my YouTube channel by clicking on the link under favorite links.

Hospitality

3 John 3-5, “Some of the brothers recently returned and made me very happy by telling me about your faithfulness and that you are living in the truth. I could have no greater joy than to hear that my children live in the truth. Dear friends, you are doing a good work for God when you take care of the traveling teachers who are passing through, even though they are stranger to you.” (NLT)

This letter from John gives us a glimpse into the early church life. Many teachers, preachers, elders, and missionaries would pass through different churches in different towns to give messages. When they would come to the church they would rely on those churches for food, shelter, and money.

Hospitality has become a lost art form in our churches today. How many times do we have people in our homes for dinner? How many times do we just put a visiting minister or missionary up in a hotel, instead of in our homes? I know this is hard for me as I am a private person. Our society today has become so private that I think this is a way Satan uses to keep Christians from becoming closer in fellowship. We all get so busy with this or that that we don’t make time just to open our homes and our hearts to fellow Christians. How much closer would we all be if we would practice the gift of hospitality more?

Reference: Life Application Study Bible