About Me

My photo
Chuck Baker is Right! Well, I am. What I mean is that my friends always joke that I’m always right (or at least I think I am). The thing is I don’t say anything, unless I know I’m right. So it's not that I’m right about everything, but usually when I speak I know what I’m talking about. My dad always said, “Don’t speak unless you know your right.” This blog includes many subjects like religion, politics, business, movies, sports, and more. On the left you will see options to search this blog, see popular posts, a catalog of posts, and favorite links. Please check out my YouTube channel by clicking on the link under favorite links.

Refunds

Many people will be get a refund on their taxes and they’ll think they really got one over on the government. The fact is the government is the one getting one over us. Anyone who gets a refund is actually being used by the government.

When you get a refund it means the government has kept more of your money than it should have kept. On top of that, they don’t pay you any interest that you might have earned if they had not taken it. Of course you’re likely not even getting back all the money you should, because of the complex tax codes and loopholes that make it almost impossible to know.

There are some of you that are getting more money than you deserve. Those who will get to take advantage of the earned income tax credit. Basically, this allows people to get a refund for taxes that they never actually paid. It is a form of welfare using the tax code.

The fact of the matter is our tax code is based on what the government decides we can have and not on what we allow the government to have. The current tax code makes government our master. This was not the founding fathers idea for our country. We the people are to be the master of the government. Until we fix our tax code we will all be slaves.