About Me

My photo
Chuck Baker is Right! Well, I am. What I mean is that my friends always joke that I’m always right (or at least I think I am). The thing is I don’t say anything, unless I know I’m right. So it's not that I’m right about everything, but usually when I speak I know what I’m talking about. My dad always said, “Don’t speak unless you know your right.” This blog includes many subjects like religion, politics, business, movies, sports, and more. On the left you will see options to search this blog, see popular posts, a catalog of posts, and favorite links. Please check out my YouTube channel by clicking on the link under favorite links.

Adoption

Romans 8:14-15, For all who are led by the Spirit of God are children of God. So you should not be like cowering, fearful slaves. You should behave instead like God’s very own children, adopted into his family-calling him, “Father, dear Father.”

Paul uses adoption to illustrate our relationship with God. In Roman culture, the adopted person lost all rights to his old family, but gained all the rights of a legitimate child born into the family. They became a full heir to the families estate.

When we become children of God we give up our old “family” of the this sinful world. We become a brother and sister of Christ. We are given the inheritance of eternal life in heaven. Though this adoption did not come without a cost. The cost for our adoption into God’s family was the body and blood of Jesus Christ. So we should remember Christ’s sacrifice, so that we could be apart of the family of God.