About Me

My photo
Chuck Baker is Right! Well, I am. What I mean is that my friends always joke that I’m always right (or at least I think I am). The thing is I don’t say anything, unless I know I’m right. So it's not that I’m right about everything, but usually when I speak I know what I’m talking about. My dad always said, “Don’t speak unless you know your right.” This blog includes many subjects like religion, politics, business, movies, sports, and more. On the left you will see options to search this blog, see popular posts, a catalog of posts, and favorite links. Please check out my YouTube channel by clicking on the link under favorite links.

Buffett Wisdom

I recently saw a news article titled, “Rules That Warren Buffett Lives By.” As most of you know, Warren Buffett is one of the richest men in the world. The article was basically about good financial planning. But the title got me to thinking about how the world puts so much trust in human wisdom. I’m not saying we can’t or shouldn’t listen to Warren Buffett in matters of money, but we should first listen to God.

Proverbs 21:30 says, “No human wisdom or understanding or plan can stand against the Lord.” (NLT)

The world puts its faith and trust in the wisdom of the men and not the wisdom of God. We are told to trust Warren Buffett with our money and he will make us rich. We are told to trust Steven Hawkins’ understanding of the creation of the world, because he is smarter than us. We are told to trust Al Gore on the state of the climate, because he cares more. Politicians tell us to trust their leadership, because they know what is best for us. News reports tell us to trust them with the truth, because they are never bias. Businesses tell us to trust their products or services, because we will be happier. Satan wants us to trust the world, because trusting the world is the same as trusting him.

There are many smart and wise people that we can trust to teach us many things about this world around us, but we should first seek God’s wisdom. The wisdom of man will fail us, but the wisdom of God will never fail us. In all things trust the Lord first and He will lead you in wisdom.