About Me

My photo
Chuck Baker is Right! Well, I am. What I mean is that my friends always joke that I’m always right (or at least I think I am). The thing is I don’t say anything, unless I know I’m right. So it's not that I’m right about everything, but usually when I speak I know what I’m talking about. My dad always said, “Don’t speak unless you know your right.” This blog includes many subjects like religion, politics, business, movies, sports, and more. On the left you will see options to search this blog, see popular posts, a catalog of posts, and favorite links. Please check out my YouTube channel by clicking on the link under favorite links.

Double Standard

Some people think that if you are against abortions, then you can’t be for the death penalty. They think it is a double standard and I agree it is a double standard. I am against abortion and for the death penalty, because I have a double standard. I believe it is wrong to take the life of an innocent baby, but I have no problem with taking the life of a person who gives up their right to life because of their own actions. I believe in the death penalty not because it saves money or deters criminals, but because it is the correct punishment. When one person takes the life of another person (outside of self-defense, war, or accident), then that person should loose their own life. Now to take the life of a baby in the womb when it has done nothing wrong is immoral. What I find interesting is that most of the same people that say I have a double standard, have the same double standard only in reverse. They think it is okay to kill an innocent baby, but it is wrong to punish someone who kills other people. I ask you which double standard has better logic?