About Me

My photo
Chuck Baker is Right! Well, I am. What I mean is that my friends always joke that I’m always right (or at least I think I am). The thing is I don’t say anything, unless I know I’m right. So it's not that I’m right about everything, but usually when I speak I know what I’m talking about. My dad always said, “Don’t speak unless you know your right.” This blog includes many subjects like religion, politics, business, movies, sports, and more. On the left you will see options to search this blog, see popular posts, a catalog of posts, and favorite links. Please check out my YouTube channel by clicking on the link under favorite links.

DeSantis is Biden

Ron DeSantis the Republican governor of Florida is basically the opposite of Biden and that isn't good. DeSantis is telling local governments, schools, and businesses what they can and can't do. Just as Biden is telling states, schools, and businesses what to do. Both need to stop it.  

If a business wants to require masks or vaccines they should be allowed without government intervention. And the opposite is true they shouldn't be forced to wear masks or require vaccines. A business owner should be able to run their business how they see fit, not how the government thinks it should be done. And it doesn't matter if it comes from the federal or state government. The same with schools. There are local school boards that are elected by the citizens of each community. They should decide what policies they will take in this matter. The state shouldn't tell them they can't require masks or vaccines and the federal government shouldn't tell them they have to require them. Parents can keep their children in those schools or move them to a private school (another great reason for school choice). And this goes for local government both passing ordinances or being told by the state or federal government what they can and can't do. 

DeSantis is being almost as bad as Biden. He is using his power to tell local communities what they can and can't do. But this should be for the people in those communities to decide. Let the people go to their school boards, city and county council meetings and tell them what they want and don't want. Let businesses decide if they want to require masks or vaccines of employees or customers. Then employees and customers can decide if they want to work or do business there.

DeSantis is going to run for president and he is trying to look tough. He is trying to be the next Trump. He thinks he is fighting for freedom, but telling someone what they can't do is just as bad as telling them what they have to do.  And what is worse is both DeSantis and Biden are making what should be a personal health care decision into a political debate that is dividing the country.