About Me

My photo
Chuck Baker is Right! Well, I am. What I mean is that my friends always joke that I’m always right (or at least I think I am). The thing is I don’t say anything, unless I know I’m right. So it's not that I’m right about everything, but usually when I speak I know what I’m talking about. My dad always said, “Don’t speak unless you know your right.” This blog includes many subjects like religion, politics, business, movies, sports, and more. On the left you will see options to search this blog, see popular posts, a catalog of posts, and favorite links. Please check out my YouTube channel by clicking on the link under favorite links.

Masks

My View on Masks

I wear a mask for 3 reasons.  First is to limit my exposure and reduce my risk, because since I am obese with a breathing issue I am at risk.   My risk is still low, but a mask is an easy solution to reduce my risk.  Second my mother-in-law who is in the age bracket is at high risk, so I'm trying to protect her.  By wearing a mask I reduce my exposure a bring a carrier and giving to her.  Third by wearing a masks in public I am protecting my customers and the employees where I'm a customer.  

Wearing a mask is about reducing the risk to yourself and others.  Wearing a mask especially with keeping a 6 foot distance means that as we reopen the economy it will be less likely we will have a second wave of cases.

I think companies have every right to require employees to wear a mask and maintain 6 feet distance from people.  And companies also have a right to require customers to wear masks and observe social distancing.  Masks fall in the category of No Shirt, No Shoes, No Service.  Companies have the right and the responsibility to protect their employees and we should praise those companies that put their people over profit.

But I don't agree with the government forcing people to wear masks.  They can suggest it and ask people, but no one should be arrested or fined for not wearing a mask.  Instead I just call on people to think of others above themselves.   To be a good person who says I will do my part to keep others and myself safe.  I will act based on the Golden Rule.