About Me

My photo
Chuck Baker is Right! Well, I am. What I mean is that my friends always joke that I’m always right (or at least I think I am). The thing is I don’t say anything, unless I know I’m right. So it's not that I’m right about everything, but usually when I speak I know what I’m talking about. My dad always said, “Don’t speak unless you know your right.” This blog includes many subjects like religion, politics, business, movies, sports, and more. On the left you will see options to search this blog, see popular posts, a catalog of posts, and favorite links. Please check out my YouTube channel by clicking on the link under favorite links.

Two Views of Immigration

Liberals believe immigration is a form of charity.  They think our immigration policy should be about bringing in people from poor countries regardless of the person's ability to take care of themselves.  And they want chain migration were one person who comes here can bring their spouse, minor children, adult children, parents, siblings, aunts, uncles, and cousins.  And then those people can bring in their families.  They think immigration is about the benefit of the immigrant and not America.  And they want these people, so they can keep a poor class that will vote for Democracts for more benefits.

Conservatives believe immigration is to benefit America.  We bring in people from other countries to help our country.   We want people who are coming in to fill jobs in industries that are having trouble finding Americans to fill.  We want the best and brightest from around the world.  We want a diverse immigration population with people coming from both poor and rich countries.  And we should bring in people based on merit and not family status.  The fact is a person should only be able to bring in their spouse and minor children.  They can't bring their extended family.  And people coming into our country should be able to support themselves without government assistance.