About Me

My photo
Chuck Baker is Right! Well, I am. What I mean is that my friends always joke that I’m always right (or at least I think I am). The thing is I don’t say anything, unless I know I’m right. So it's not that I’m right about everything, but usually when I speak I know what I’m talking about. My dad always said, “Don’t speak unless you know your right.” This blog includes many subjects like religion, politics, business, movies, sports, and more. On the left you will see options to search this blog, see popular posts, a catalog of posts, and favorite links. Please check out my YouTube channel by clicking on the link under favorite links.

Proud Mary

So I just saw this movie to kill time.  What I expected was two things.  First that is was going to be a movie that was targeted to a black audience.   And it started out like some 70's Blaxploitation film, but then it went a different way.  Instead you could have changed the race of the main characters to any race and it would still work.  Second I thought this was going to be another badass women are better and stronger than men action movie like Atomic Blonde.  While our female lead is a badass, it doesn't go too far into crazy unbelievable and instead it feels more like the "mama bear" will kill everyone if they mess with my child.  The movie moves along well and you really want a happy ending.  The acting isn't great and it is a movie that will be quickly forgotten.  But it doesn't rely on a bunch a few, but not a bunch of crude language and no sex.  Instead it is about a child without a family, a woman who is responsible, and how she will stop at nothing to give this child a safe home.  Overall it is an okay movie, that doesn't try to speak to just one audience or try to make you suspend all disbelief.