About Me

My photo
Chuck Baker is Right! Well, I am. What I mean is that my friends always joke that I’m always right (or at least I think I am). The thing is I don’t say anything, unless I know I’m right. So it's not that I’m right about everything, but usually when I speak I know what I’m talking about. My dad always said, “Don’t speak unless you know your right.” This blog includes many subjects like religion, politics, business, movies, sports, and more. On the left you will see options to search this blog, see popular posts, a catalog of posts, and favorite links. Please check out my YouTube channel by clicking on the link under favorite links.

The Founder

One of the best movies on business and being an entrepreneur.   The Founder is the story of Ray Kroc and how he took McDonald's from a few small restaurants to the greatest fast food restaurant ever.   I loved it when Kroc suggested to the McDonald's brothers that they should franchise and they says they have tried. They say it has been done before and it failed.  In business we hear this all the time.  Managers and companies are always saying it can't be done or we've tried it before.   Kroc says it just hasn't been done right.  And Kroc has tons of passion and a high level of standards he expects from his franchise owners.  And I loved how he looked for people to own his restaurants that were willing to work hard and wanted to be successful.   And when he sees a fry cook doing great work he remembers that person and promotes him.  Kroc has a lot of flaws, but sometimes great men have many flaws.  The movie is funny, moves at a good pace, has great acting especially from Micheal Keaton.   As a business person I loved the movie and as a movie lover I enjoyed it as well.  Great story of how passion and hard work overcome all obstacles.   Also the movie is mostly accurate with only a few changes that really don't matter too much.  It is fun to goggle the facts from the fiction as you watch.