About Me

My photo
Chuck Baker is Right! Well, I am. What I mean is that my friends always joke that I’m always right (or at least I think I am). The thing is I don’t say anything, unless I know I’m right. So it's not that I’m right about everything, but usually when I speak I know what I’m talking about. My dad always said, “Don’t speak unless you know your right.” This blog includes many subjects like religion, politics, business, movies, sports, and more. On the left you will see options to search this blog, see popular posts, a catalog of posts, and favorite links. Please check out my YouTube channel by clicking on the link under favorite links.

Trump 2018 SOTU

So here is my take on the State of the Union.

Trump starts by touting 2 million new jobs, rising wages, unemployment at 45 year low, black unemployment lowest ever, Hispanic unemployment lower, stock market records, 401K are higher, and big tax cuts.  He talked about how the first $24000 for a married couple is now tax free.  I loved him talking about small business.  It is the backbone of our economy.  Trump reminded us if you work hard...you can achieve anything.  It isn't government that makes us great. It is the people.  Trump said  “If you work hard, if you believe in yourself, if you believe in America, together, we can achieve absolutely anything!”  Trump said, "In America faith and family are the center of American life, not the government."  That is the difference between conservatives and liberals.  Trump, "In America, we know that faith and family, not government and bureaucracy, are the center of the American life.  Our motto is 'in God we trust.'" 

The biggest impact Trump can make for America's future is the appointment of conservative judges on the federal courts and that is what he is doing. 

Trump promised to protect our Vets by having accountability at the VA.  Trump also told us The war on coal is over. I loved these things, but then, Trump also promised to fix prices on drugs and I always get scared when government talks about fixing pricing.  I do agree that now is the right time to try Right to Try.  We need to save lives.

Then we got the moment in the speech of government spending, but call infrastructure. And more government spending called investing in education and paid family leave.  But Trump did say, "We can lift our citizens from welfare to work, from dependence to independence, and from poverty to prosperity."  I did like the talk of cutting regulations, so we can do more and do it faster.

Trump was also tough on unfair trade saying, "The era of economic surrender is over" Great line. 

Then Trump went into immigration by talking about families who have lost loved ones to illegals.  These families are the faces of those hurt by illegal immigrants who committ crimes and we haven't stopped.  Just a reminder: Dems invited illegal immigrants to the State of the Union while our president invited the family members of those AMERICANS killed by ILLEGAL IMMIGRANTS!   He gave us his 4 pillars of immigration reform.

1.  1.8 million illegal immigrants get citizenship after 12 years
2.  Fully secure boarder.  Build the Wall and hire more boarder agents
3.  Closes immigration loopholes and catch and release,Ends Visa lottery
4.  Ends chain migration.

Trump made a passionate plea saying, "As President of the United States, my highest loyalty, my greatest compassion, and my constant concern is for America's children, America's struggling workers, and America's forgotten communities."   Then the mic drop line, "Americans are dreamers too."

I loved the story of the officer who adopted the heroin baby.  He could have told that woman to get and abortion, but God spoke to him and his wife.

Trump called for the Funding og our military. And told us Gitmo is open for business. And then Trump reminded us that he and Nikki Haley announced Jerusalem is the capital of Isreal and we told the rest of the world suck it.
Trump also called for No money for America's enemies.  And one of the best momemts was the guy with the crutches in the air for the win. North Korea is a big issue.  

Finally It's the people that are Making America Great Again! It was an hour and 20 minute speech and it didn't feel that long.  Trump always shine best in these big speeches.   Great State of the Union.   #SOTU