About Me

My photo
Chuck Baker is Right! Well, I am. What I mean is that my friends always joke that I’m always right (or at least I think I am). The thing is I don’t say anything, unless I know I’m right. So it's not that I’m right about everything, but usually when I speak I know what I’m talking about. My dad always said, “Don’t speak unless you know your right.” This blog includes many subjects like religion, politics, business, movies, sports, and more. On the left you will see options to search this blog, see popular posts, a catalog of posts, and favorite links. Please check out my YouTube channel by clicking on the link under favorite links.

20 Weeks

So Democracts oppose banning abortions after 20 weeks.  Why did Republicans want 20 weeks, because that is when since says a baby in the womb can feel pain. Basically that is when the baby can feel it being killed.

So I want to know where is a good point?  When does s baby have a right to life?  Let's look at the viability of a baby at different weeks it can survive outside the womb.  Tell me where we should stop abortion on-demand (this means no abortion except to save the life of the mother which is less than 1% of all abortions). 

At 20 weeks a baby isn't viable outside the womb, but it can feel pain.
21 weeks less than a 10% chance to survive
22 weeks up to 10%
23 weeks up to 35%
24 weeks up to 70%
25 weeks up to 80%
26-29weeks up to 90%
30-33 weeks up to 95%
34+ weeks up to 98%

Currently here are the restrictions on abortions by states:

6 weeks -1 state
12 weeks -1 state
20 weeks -2 states
22 weeks -8 states
24-26 weeks -26 states
28 weeks -3 states
No restrictions up to 9 months -9 states and D.C.

I disagree with abortion in all cases with exception to save the life of the mother. I would support a law banning abortions in all cases with the exception to rape and incest up to 12 weeks since most women know they are pregnant at 6 weeks and of course an exception to protect the life of the mother.   This would outlaw about 98% of all abortions, since only 2% of abortions are for those rare exceptions.

But I know what I want with abortion isn't going to happen and many would disagree with me.  But can't we agree that if a baby can feel pain it is inhumane to kill that baby?  I mean at what point can we all agree that a baby is a person?