About Me

My photo
Chuck Baker is Right! Well, I am. What I mean is that my friends always joke that I’m always right (or at least I think I am). The thing is I don’t say anything, unless I know I’m right. So it's not that I’m right about everything, but usually when I speak I know what I’m talking about. My dad always said, “Don’t speak unless you know your right.” This blog includes many subjects like religion, politics, business, movies, sports, and more. On the left you will see options to search this blog, see popular posts, a catalog of posts, and favorite links. Please check out my YouTube channel by clicking on the link under favorite links.

Post #MeToo Culture

With the #MeToo campaign we are seeing women come forward with their stories of sexual harassment, assault, and inappropriate behavior by men.  We are seeing how Hollywood, the Media, and Washingtn DC created this culture and allowed it to go on for years. But now is the time for a house cleaning.

Some have tried to blame these women saying they should have come forward sooner or they should have done something about it back when it happened.  But fact is these women shouldn't have ever been treated this way and we shouldn't judge someone because they were afraid or embarrassed to come forward. 

Hollywood, the Media, and Washington DC need to understand what most of the business world already knows that dating in the workplace is a bad idea.  That even engaging in asking out a co-worker is not a good idea.  Sexual jokes are unacceptable at work.  Work relationships should remain professional.

But now women must stand up and defend themselves against any man that would try to sexually harass, assault, or act in a unprofessional or inappropriate way.  A new standard has been set in Hollywood, the Media, and Washington DC.  The only way to end the culture is to come forward when it happens.  It's time for women to be the strong women they are and stand up against this culture. 

And good men need to be lifted up as examples for others.  And we good men need to make sure we continue to show women respect and treat them professionally.  And hold other men accountable.

This must be the post #MeToo culture.