About Me

My photo
Chuck Baker is Right! Well, I am. What I mean is that my friends always joke that I’m always right (or at least I think I am). The thing is I don’t say anything, unless I know I’m right. So it's not that I’m right about everything, but usually when I speak I know what I’m talking about. My dad always said, “Don’t speak unless you know your right.” This blog includes many subjects like religion, politics, business, movies, sports, and more. On the left you will see options to search this blog, see popular posts, a catalog of posts, and favorite links. Please check out my YouTube channel by clicking on the link under favorite links.

Did I Make A Mistake

Did I make a mistake voting for Trump?  This whole Roy Moore thing and all of the Hollywood cases of sexually assault are making me question.   Republicans and especially Conservatives have always been the ones to take the higher moral ground.  We were the ones calling out the immoral actions of Bill Clinton in the White House and even after with the rape allegation of Juanita Broaddrick.  When guys like Gingrich had an affair we moved them aside.   We were the ones that expected more from our elected leaders.

In 2016, Conservatives said what mattered was the policy not the person.   And to some degree I still agree with this message.  But how did we get to a place where Conservatives are defending a man who says he dated girls between the ages of 16-18 when he was in his 30's?  Roy Moore is a creeper and Conservatives and Republicans shouldn't vote for him.  But many will vote for him and many are supporting him.  Why?

I think we know that in 2016 we voted for a very flawed man in Donald Trump.   We voted for a man who had had affairs, been divorced many times, and was most likely a womanizer.  We voted for him because we liked his policies and we liked how he stood up to the media and liberals. We liked that he wasn't a politican.  But did we sell our soul in doing so? 

I think if I had it to do over I wouldn't have voted for Trump in the primary, but instead voted for Cruz.  In the general election I would still have voted for Trump for just 2 reasons outside of policy.  First is that I still think Hillary is a much worse person especially considering how she destroyed the lives of the women that her husband Bill Clinton sexually abused.  Second is because of Mike Pence.  Pence is the moral balance to Trump.  After the "locker room talk" report was released on Trump, I said if Pence left the ticket I would too.  I guess that is still where I'm at.  But I do think we Conservatives made a mistake voting for Trump in the primary.   We should have chosen a more moral candidate in the primary, so that people wouldn't feel like they have to support a creeper like Roy Moore.