About Me

My photo
Chuck Baker is Right! Well, I am. What I mean is that my friends always joke that I’m always right (or at least I think I am). The thing is I don’t say anything, unless I know I’m right. So it's not that I’m right about everything, but usually when I speak I know what I’m talking about. My dad always said, “Don’t speak unless you know your right.” This blog includes many subjects like religion, politics, business, movies, sports, and more. On the left you will see options to search this blog, see popular posts, a catalog of posts, and favorite links. Please check out my YouTube channel by clicking on the link under favorite links.

Religious Freedom in Business

I have a serious question and it is not a gotcha.   I get these Religious Freedom laws are not meant to be used discriminate against gays in general, but instead religious freedom is meant to allow a business to opt out of being a part of a gay marriage.  But didn't many KKK and Segregationists support the use of the Bible for the separation of the races?  Should it be legal for someone to refuse service to a interracial marriage?  What about a funeral home refusing to do a funeral service involving a military person?  Don't forget the Baptist church that protests military funerals.

I don't think a business should use religious freedom as a reason to refuse service to anyone.  A business is to serve the public at large.  Religious freedom should be used to protect businesses like Hobby Lobby from having to pay for abortions.  For years New York required restaurants to be open on Sunday, so a company like Chick-fil-a couldn't open stores in New York.   That is the government infringement on religious freedom.

Businesses should offer all their services to everyone and every benefit equally to all employees.  And the government shouldn't force a company to run their business against their core beliefs.  But companies should say they can refuse service to someone just because they don't agree with their lifestyle.  Instead I call on Christians businesses to run their business by the Golden Rule.