About Me

My photo
Chuck Baker is Right! Well, I am. What I mean is that my friends always joke that I’m always right (or at least I think I am). The thing is I don’t say anything, unless I know I’m right. So it's not that I’m right about everything, but usually when I speak I know what I’m talking about. My dad always said, “Don’t speak unless you know your right.” This blog includes many subjects like religion, politics, business, movies, sports, and more. On the left you will see options to search this blog, see popular posts, a catalog of posts, and favorite links. Please check out my YouTube channel by clicking on the link under favorite links.

Skills over Education

Parents let me ask you a question.  Would you be proud of your child if they learned a skill and became a plummer or electrician instead of going to college for 4-6 years, came out with thousands in debt, and a liberal arts degree?  There are literally millions of jobs that paid great and are in extremely high demand.  These jobs require skills to work with your hands and they are proud and noble careers.   You should encourage your child to gain more skills after high school, but that doesn't need to be a college degree.  I'm not saying to tell your kids not go to college.  Instead make sure your child knows about careers in the skills industry and let them know you would be proud of them if they went into a skill field.