About Me

My photo
Chuck Baker is Right! Well, I am. What I mean is that my friends always joke that I’m always right (or at least I think I am). The thing is I don’t say anything, unless I know I’m right. So it's not that I’m right about everything, but usually when I speak I know what I’m talking about. My dad always said, “Don’t speak unless you know your right.” This blog includes many subjects like religion, politics, business, movies, sports, and more. On the left you will see options to search this blog, see popular posts, a catalog of posts, and favorite links. Please check out my YouTube channel by clicking on the link under favorite links.

Joy

After I watched this movie at first I would have given this 4 stars, but that changed to 3 stars after learning more about the story.  This is one of those movies that is inspired by true events, but not based on a true story.  The problem with that is that after I learned the true story about a woman that overcomes great odds to become a great success the true story is the best parts of the movie, but the parts that are fiction are the worst parts of the movie.  If those parts that were fiction like the charaters of the step-sister, the mom, and ex-husband had been real then I'd been okay with those characters because they were fact.  But those characters were either completely fictional or changed to make less appealing.  The story is an amazing tale of what it takes to be an business person and the risk it takes.  The movie would have gotten 2.5 stars if Jennifer Lawrence wasn't so good.  Overall it is a good movie about the American Dream with great acting by Lawrence.  Would have been better if the director hadn't gotten cute by adding a bunch of fictional stuff.  The facts are far interesting enough.