About Me

My photo
Chuck Baker is Right! Well, I am. What I mean is that my friends always joke that I’m always right (or at least I think I am). The thing is I don’t say anything, unless I know I’m right. So it's not that I’m right about everything, but usually when I speak I know what I’m talking about. My dad always said, “Don’t speak unless you know your right.” This blog includes many subjects like religion, politics, business, movies, sports, and more. On the left you will see options to search this blog, see popular posts, a catalog of posts, and favorite links. Please check out my YouTube channel by clicking on the link under favorite links.

Fish: Make Their Day

Make Their Day

How does it make you feel to have nice things said about you?

Horst Schulzer is the CEO for the Ritz-Carlton Hotel Company.

"He has an uncompromising respect for people, borne out of his love for God.  Horst honors a basic principle:  providing respect and dignity for every human being.  “We are ladies and gentlemen serving ladies and gentlemen,” is the motto for The Ritz-Carlton.  Horst explains, “When making decisions, I ask myself:  Is it good for all concerned-God, the organization, the employees, the customers, and vendors?  If yes, then drive it forward relentlessly.”  The key to Horst’s success lies in how he weaves principles and values, including respect, caring, trust, fairness, and teamwork, into the fabric of his organization.  These values and principles have become the foundation for Ritz-Carlton’s success."  From the book, God is my CEO.

The Concepts of Make Their Day

A)  What is Make Their Day?

            1)  Respecting the people around you.

            2)  Being honest with co-workers and customers.

            3)  Caring about customer needs and the needs of your employees.

B)  Benefits of Make Their Day

            1)  It good for business.

            2)  Serving customer well will give you satisfaction.

            3)  We focus our attention on the positive and not on the problems we face.

            4)  It is healthy, we feel good, and unleash even more positive energy.

            5)  Customers will want to shop with you more.

C)  Way to Make Their Day

            1)  Treat customers like you would treat a friend.

            2)  Work by The Golden Rule

            3)  Take an interest in the lives of your co-workers.  Care about their needs.

            4)  Praise each other and have awards for a job well done.

            5)  Focus on the person in front of you and not on what is around you.

 What does the book FISH say?

We look for as many ways as we can to create great memories.  And we create great memories whenever we make someone’s day.  The playful way we do our work allows us to find creative ways to engage our customers.  That’s the key word:  engage.  We try not to stand apart from our customers but to find ways to respectfully include them in our fun.  Respectfully.  When we are successful, it makes their day.
 
Great companies put the needs of customers first and treats employees with respect.