About Me

My photo
Chuck Baker is Right! Well, I am. What I mean is that my friends always joke that I’m always right (or at least I think I am). The thing is I don’t say anything, unless I know I’m right. So it's not that I’m right about everything, but usually when I speak I know what I’m talking about. My dad always said, “Don’t speak unless you know your right.” This blog includes many subjects like religion, politics, business, movies, sports, and more. On the left you will see options to search this blog, see popular posts, a catalog of posts, and favorite links. Please check out my YouTube channel by clicking on the link under favorite links.

A Most Loving Place


The Letter

Dear Church

 I have been observing you and your season of leadership in America for some time now and felt it was important to write to you.  I have watched your hard work at guiding your members.  You have endured a great deal and persevered with energy in creating a level of excitement and activity.  For all this I commend you.

 I’m writing to bring something important to your attention.  You have lost your first love.  The Church has drifted away from the love of God and one another as its first priority.  If this serious situation is not turned around, it will destroy the church’s credibility. 

 All is not lost.  I am writing to encourage you to lead a change that, under the guidance of the Holy Spirit, can be accomplished.  If you accept the challenge to restore love into the life of the church by reviving the passion and humility, the church will receive blessings beyond your imagination. 

 This letter is sent in love as always, with faith that what is required can be done.

Your Truest Friend

The Phone Call

I got a call from a church member who was leaving the church.  Their reason for leaving was that to quote, “The church is not the most loving place in town, but instead more judgmental than loving.”

A Most Loving Place

How does that letter and phone call make you feel:  upset, frustrated, angry, sad, embarrassed, concerned?  Do you think there is some truth, that maybe we’ve lost our first love?  That maybe we are more judgmental and less loving? 

The letter and the phone call came from a book called, “The Most Loving Place in Town.”  I did make a few changes to make my point.  While I believe that the Church is a good place with a lot of good people, can we say that we are the most loving place?  Should that not be our goal?

Matthew 22:37-40; “Jesus said, ‘You must love the Lord your God with all your heart, all your soul, and all your mind.  This is the first and greatest commandment.  A second is equally important; Love your neighbor as yourself.  All the other commandments and all the demands of the prophets are based on these two commandments.’”

The fact is the church is not a place, but the people in that place.  Jesus loved the church and gave his life for it.  He gave His life for us.  He is our example of love.  Let us take time know to reflect on Christ’s love and ask ourselves how we can be more like Christ.  How can we make the church, A Most Loving Place!