About Me

My photo
Chuck Baker is Right! Well, I am. What I mean is that my friends always joke that I’m always right (or at least I think I am). The thing is I don’t say anything, unless I know I’m right. So it's not that I’m right about everything, but usually when I speak I know what I’m talking about. My dad always said, “Don’t speak unless you know your right.” This blog includes many subjects like religion, politics, business, movies, sports, and more. On the left you will see options to search this blog, see popular posts, a catalog of posts, and favorite links. Please check out my YouTube channel by clicking on the link under favorite links.

Pray Today


In the book, “Stuff Christians Like,” by Jonathan Acuff of the blog http://www.jonacuff.com/stuffchristianslike/ he talks about praying. In the book he references the times when he tells someone he is going to pray for them, but later forgets to do it. The way he has learned to combat this problem is to pray for that person the very next moment after he tells someone he will pray for them.

When I read this it really hit home. I can’t remember all the times that I’ve told someone I would pray for them, but then not do it later. It wasn’t because I was lying, but more because my own personal prayer life was not what it should be. Actually my prayer life is still not what it should be. Like many people get so busy in life that I forget to take time to pray. I’ll pray when things are going wrong or I’m having trouble, but if things are going well it just seems the day will pass away and I never remember to pray. I’m not trying to make any excuses; it is just what it is.

But because of the book “Stuff Christians Like,” I’ve gotten better at praying for people when I say I’m going to pray for them. Now when I tell someone, “I’ll pray for you,” I actually do. Once I’ve parted ways with that person, I’ll take a few moments and say a prayer. My prayer will go something like this:

“Lord, please be with (name of person needing prayer) as they go through (the reason for prayer). Give them comfort, guidance, and your love during this time. Let you will be done as we trust your wisdom. I pray this in your Son’s name, Jesus Christ. Amen.”

I’m not saying this is the exactly what I pray, but you get the idea. It really works. It has helped me turn to God more and kept me honest about actually praying for people. For those of you that have a strong prayer life and have no trouble remembering to pray, then I’m sure this will not be helpful and I congratulate you. But for those of you like me who struggle, I hope this will be helpful. I know it has helped me.