About Me

My photo
Chuck Baker is Right! Well, I am. What I mean is that my friends always joke that I’m always right (or at least I think I am). The thing is I don’t say anything, unless I know I’m right. So it's not that I’m right about everything, but usually when I speak I know what I’m talking about. My dad always said, “Don’t speak unless you know your right.” This blog includes many subjects like religion, politics, business, movies, sports, and more. On the left you will see options to search this blog, see popular posts, a catalog of posts, and favorite links. Please check out my YouTube channel by clicking on the link under favorite links.

Public Unions Failing America

Our public schools are failing our students. Most of these problems can be traced back not to teachers, but to the teachers unions. Unions are not concerned with what is best for the state or for the education of the children. Unions are concerned with keeping their power and taking as much as they can from the taxpayers. 

I think most teachers want what is best for students and do a good job, but the same is not true for unions. A union’s purpose is to take as much as it can get. Also unions are mostly campaign fundraisers for the Democratic Party. The teachers union gives millions to the Democratic Party and Democratic candidates. What this means is that taxpayer dollars are spent on salaries for teacher, then unions take those taxpayer salary dollars in union dues, then forwards it to the Democratic Party. Every taxpayer is supporting the Democratic Party. And the same is true for every public employee represented by a union.

What we need is the elimination of all unions for public employees. Unions in the private sector are fine, but why do we need unions to protect employees from the government? A union is supposed to protect employees from private employers. They are supposed to make sure companies are treating employees fairly. But the government sets the rules on what is fair in business. Why do public employees even need unions when the government is the one who makes the rules? The fact is the average public employee make more money, has better benefits and gets more time off than those who work in the private sector. Public schools are failing because teacher unions protect failing teachers and failing schools. The Postal Service is failing because they are not truly competitive with other services like UPS and FedEx. And our Federal and State governments are going bankrupt because we have too many people doing too little work for far too many benefits.  And taxpayers money should not be used to support a political party.