About Me

My photo
Chuck Baker is Right! Well, I am. What I mean is that my friends always joke that I’m always right (or at least I think I am). The thing is I don’t say anything, unless I know I’m right. So it's not that I’m right about everything, but usually when I speak I know what I’m talking about. My dad always said, “Don’t speak unless you know your right.” This blog includes many subjects like religion, politics, business, movies, sports, and more. On the left you will see options to search this blog, see popular posts, a catalog of posts, and favorite links. Please check out my YouTube channel by clicking on the link under favorite links.

Rainbow Bridge

“Pets offer us a type of unconditional love that is rare and difficult to find in other human relationships. Many people describe this type of love as pure and constant. Pets don’t care about our appearance, how much money we make, what kind of clothes we wear, or any other type of status level. They simply love and accept us for who we are, including all our faults and eccentricities.” (Understanding Your Feeling, Pet Angel)

When my Dog, Ditto passed away we had his remains cremated. When I picked up his final remains we received a very nice little book about dealing with the loss of a pet. The booklet reminded me of God’s love for us. I think pets and especially dogs give us a glimpse into the love that God has for us. Like our beloved pets, God doesn’t care about how much we make, the clothes we wear, the house we own, the car we drive, or the job we work. God loves and accepts us even though he knows all our faults and failures. Paul tells us that God has shown Himself in nature. “For since the creation of the world God’s invisible qualities—his eternal power and divine nature—have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that people are without excuse.” (Romans 1:20).

While I don’t believe animals have souls, I do believe God gives us these special friends to make life here on earth a little better. But I do have hope that maybe I will see my faithful Dog again. My hope lies in the fact that God loves us and sent his Son as our savior. Through Christ we have been promised eternal life. He has promised to wipe away every tear and take away every pain. Revelation 21:4 says; “He will wipe every tear from their eyes. There will be no more death or mourning or crying or pain, for the old order of things has passed away.”
There is a poem called “Rainbow Bridge,” and for those who have lost a loved pet it may offer comfort. Especially to those who believe in a merciful, loving, and wonderful God.

“Rainbow Bridge”

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge. There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together. There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor; those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by.
The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent; His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....