About Me

My photo
Chuck Baker is Right! Well, I am. What I mean is that my friends always joke that I’m always right (or at least I think I am). The thing is I don’t say anything, unless I know I’m right. So it's not that I’m right about everything, but usually when I speak I know what I’m talking about. My dad always said, “Don’t speak unless you know your right.” This blog includes many subjects like religion, politics, business, movies, sports, and more. On the left you will see options to search this blog, see popular posts, a catalog of posts, and favorite links. Please check out my YouTube channel by clicking on the link under favorite links.

Tithing to the Government


Malachi 3:10; “Bring the whole tithe into the storehouse, that there may be food in my house. Test me in this,” says the Lord Almighty, “and see if I will not throw open the floodgates of heaven and pour out so much blessing that you will not have room enough for it.”

God was speaking to the Hebrew nation that if they would give to Him just 10% of their wealth, then He would bless them beyond their imagination. I find it interesting that God only asks for 10% of our income, but the government takes much more than 10%. Can you imagine if the government only took 10% from the people and gave back 10% to God? How much more we would be blessed as a nation?

So this is my tax plan. The Federal government will tax individuals, families, and businesses at 10% of their total income. There will be no deductions except for one. All cash donations will be tax deductible. Also only income that is above the poverty line will be taxed. This will help to protect those incomes of struggling families.

Now I’m not going to get into Social Security or Medicare taxes. The fact is the program is currently set up to be retirement and medical insurance for those that retire. But let me say that we need to separate it from the general fund and let people opt out if they choose to fund their own retirement. And Medicare needs to be made private, but this is a whole other blog.

My point is that the government takes a lot more than what God asks and it doesn’t give back as much as God does.