About Me

My photo
Chuck Baker is Right! Well, I am. What I mean is that my friends always joke that I’m always right (or at least I think I am). The thing is I don’t say anything, unless I know I’m right. So it's not that I’m right about everything, but usually when I speak I know what I’m talking about. My dad always said, “Don’t speak unless you know your right.” This blog includes many subjects like religion, politics, business, movies, sports, and more. On the left you will see options to search this blog, see popular posts, a catalog of posts, and favorite links. Please check out my YouTube channel by clicking on the link under favorite links.

You Play To Win The Game!

To play or not to play that was the question that faced the Indianapolis Colts during the 2009 season. The Colts were 14-0 and had secured home field advantage throughout the playoffs. They had to decide if they were going to rest their stars for the playoffs or go for the perfect season. The Colts decided to rest their stars and lost the last two games of the regular season.  The Colts made it to the Super Bowl, but lost to the Saints. I believe the Colts should have tried to go undefeated.  The momentum might have led them to a Super Bowl win.  But I think the words from former New York Jets coach Herm Edwards explains best why they should have gone for it.  He once said, “You play to win the game.” Words could have never been more true.

In the movie “Sandlot” the ghost of Babe Ruth tells a young boy, “Heroes are remembered, but legends never die.” To win a Super Bowl makes you a hero, but to go undefeated and win the Super Bowl makes you a legend. Greatness is not given, but earned. “You play to win the game.”

Fans deserve the very best every week from their teams. Fans pay for the tickets. Fans pay for the merchandise. Fans pay the taxes for the stadium. Fans are the reason for the games. You play to keep your momentum. You play to be a legend. You play for the fans. “You play to win the game.”