About Me

My photo
Chuck Baker is Right! Well, I am. What I mean is that my friends always joke that I’m always right (or at least I think I am). The thing is I don’t say anything, unless I know I’m right. So it's not that I’m right about everything, but usually when I speak I know what I’m talking about. My dad always said, “Don’t speak unless you know your right.” This blog includes many subjects like religion, politics, business, movies, sports, and more. On the left you will see options to search this blog, see popular posts, a catalog of posts, and favorite links. Please check out my YouTube channel by clicking on the link under favorite links.

Responsible With Money

1.  Proverbs 6:1-5:  My son, if you have put up security or your neighbor, if you have struck hands in pledge for another, if you have been trapped by what you said, ensnared by the words of your mouth, then do this, my son, to free yourself, since you have fallen into your neighbor’s hands: Go and humble yourself; press your plea with your neighbor! Allow no sleep to your eyes, no slumber to your eyelids.  Free yourself, like a gazelle from the hand of the hunter, like a bird from the snare of the fowler. 

These verses are not a plea against generosity, but against overextending one’s financial resources and acting in irresponsible ways that could lead to poverty.  God wants us to help our friends and the needy, but not at a cost so great that it hurts us and our families.

2.  Proverbs 6:6-11:  Go to the ant, you sluggard; consider its ways and be wise!  It has no commander, no overseer or ruler, yet it stores its provisions in summer and gathers its food at harvest. How long will you lie there, you sluggard?  When will you get up from your sleep?A little sleep, a little slumber, a little folding of the hands to rest and poverty will come on you like a bandit and scarcity like an armed man. 

The ant doesn’t need a government to tell it to go to work.  The ant doesn’t need a government to take care of it.  We should be the same.  We should work hard and earn our way in life.  We should not depend on the government, friends, or family to take care of us, if we are able to take care of ourselves.  If we are lazy in life, then we will find ourselves very poor.

The Dave Ramsey Show had a great example of this with a couple that said they were doing everything they could to get out of debt and make money, but after 3 months they had only made $1500.  That is not working hard.  You could work at a fast-food place and make more money than that.

3.  Proverbs 6:25:  Do not lust in your heart after her beauty or let her captivate you with her eyes,

We should never lust for someone (other than our spouse), but we should also never lust for things.  Things like money, cars, big house, jewelry, power, influence are fleeting and not things we should live for.   We should love people and God, but not lust things.

We must be responsible with money and be will to work hard for the money we need in life.  We have to look to ourselves for what we need and not expect others to take care of us.  Be smart with your money in generosity, the items you purchase, and the way you live with it.