About Me

My photo
Chuck Baker is Right! Well, I am. What I mean is that my friends always joke that I’m always right (or at least I think I am). The thing is I don’t say anything, unless I know I’m right. So it's not that I’m right about everything, but usually when I speak I know what I’m talking about. My dad always said, “Don’t speak unless you know your right.” This blog includes many subjects like religion, politics, business, movies, sports, and more. On the left you will see options to search this blog, see popular posts, a catalog of posts, and favorite links. Please check out my YouTube channel by clicking on the link under favorite links.

Paris Olympics Ceremony

I've seen a lot of people respond to the Paris Opening Olympics Ceremony.  First, the people who are trying to say this wasn't an attempt to mock the Last Supper are either lying to us or themselves.  It is obvious they were trying to mock Christianity and they tried to hide it by interlocking it with the Greek god Dionysus and an ancient festival meant to honor him.  

Second, I've seen people sharing the idea that Jesus would have welcomed all these people at his table.  And Christians shouldn't be angry and don't need to regulate others. 

While Jesus did associate with sinners, he also told them to stop sinning.  Jesus didn't say I love you the way you are and continue to live as you are in sin.  

Jesus says, "I have not come to call the righteous but sinners to repentance" in Luke 5:32.

And people need to realize that when Jesus returns He will be coming to judge.  And those that mock Him will be judged.  As Christians it is our responsibility to warn the world.

As Christians we should not condone sin.  Even if the Olympics Ceremony wasn't trying to mock The Last Supper, it was still completely inappropriate for the Olympics.  The Olympics should be a family friendly event. Christians have allowed sin to not only be accepted in the mainstream, but exalted.   We should be outraged by the display of hedonism.  

"Woe to those who call evil good and good evil,
who put darkness for light and light for darkness, who put bitter for sweet and sweet for bitter."  Isaiah 5:20

"But mark this: There will be terrible times in the last days. People will be lovers of themselves..., boastful, proud... unholy... without self-control... not lovers of the good... lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God having a form of godliness but denying its power. Have nothing to do with such people."   2 Timothy 3: 1-5 

If you want to make excuses for this and say there is nothing wrong, so that you feel okay watching the Olympics this is up to you.  But you shouldn't try to convince those offended they are wrong. Defending Christ and morality is good.  For me there are plenty of things to watch and be entertain besides some games.  The Olympics made clear that they don't respect traditional values or morals.  If they don't want my business I'm fine not giving them my business.