About Me

My photo
Chuck Baker is Right! Well, I am. What I mean is that my friends always joke that I’m always right (or at least I think I am). The thing is I don’t say anything, unless I know I’m right. So it's not that I’m right about everything, but usually when I speak I know what I’m talking about. My dad always said, “Don’t speak unless you know your right.” This blog includes many subjects like religion, politics, business, movies, sports, and more. On the left you will see options to search this blog, see popular posts, a catalog of posts, and favorite links. Please check out my YouTube channel by clicking on the link under favorite links.

A Tax Democrats Don't Like

I find it so funny that I'm hearing the media and some Democrats complaining about the Trump tariffs on Chinese goods.   They are saying that tariffs are a tax.  A tax that consumers will have to pay as the cost of goods increases.  I agree.

What is funny to me is that this is the same media and Democrats that tell us raising the minimum wage doesn't affect the cost of goods and that employers can afford it.  When it comes to increasing taxes on businesses they say that companies can afford to pay their fair share.   They promote higher taxes and a higher minimum wage as good on the economy.

But when Trump rasies taxes through taxes it is a burden that hurts the economy and companies just pass on the tax to consumers.

You would think Democrats and the media would love these tariffs/taxes as it would actually take away some of the benefits of the Trump tax cuts.  I guess these Democrats finally found a tax they don't like...a tax by Trump.