About Me

My photo
Chuck Baker is Right! Well, I am. What I mean is that my friends always joke that I’m always right (or at least I think I am). The thing is I don’t say anything, unless I know I’m right. So it's not that I’m right about everything, but usually when I speak I know what I’m talking about. My dad always said, “Don’t speak unless you know your right.” This blog includes many subjects like religion, politics, business, movies, sports, and more. On the left you will see options to search this blog, see popular posts, a catalog of posts, and favorite links. Please check out my YouTube channel by clicking on the link under favorite links.

Serving God


As a Christian I have the great privilege to serve God. I have the honor in searching and fulfilling God’s Will in my life. And I am grateful for the chance to be a servant of God. Sadly there are times when serving God has seemed like a burden. There have been days where I don’t feel I’m doing God’s Will. And there have been times when I resented being a servant of God.

I think if we were all honest we would have to admit that we’ve all felt this way one time or another. We’ve all had the good times and we’ve all felt the bad times. But what we must do is focus more on those good times and not on the bad times. I’m concerned when church leaders focus more on how much longer they have to serve and not on how much time they get to serve. I’m sadden when people complain about cooking meals or planning events for the church, instead of rejoicing that they are making fellowship possible in the church. I’m troubled by teachers who feel burden in their roles, rather than honored that they get to foster spiritual growth and lead people to Christ. It disturbs me that people focus on the things they don’t like about a worship service and not that fact they are worshipping God. And it pains me to see those that just sit in pews and miss out on the joy of service.

In most churches 20% of the people do 80% of the work. And of those that do serve, 80% of them complain about having to do it. Those stats are not likely correct, but I’ll bet they are not too far off. But why is it this way? First, other Christians like to throw stones at those that serve. For every compliment I get for my service there will be 2 complaints not far behind. Second, Satan whispers in our ears that no one cares about what we do. He tells us we are not needed. He makes us think we are not good enough. Third, when things get tough we give up. When things get a little harder at our jobs, we work a little harder. But then things get a little harder in serving God we just complain or give up. Fourth, we forget that it is not man that we serve, but God.

I’m the first to admit that I’ve been one of the 20% who complain 80% of the time, but that is not who I want to be. God has made me for more. God has made me for His purpose. God has made me to be a servant. We who serve should do it joyfully. Let us not complain about serving. Let us not tear down those that do serve. Let us all find our place of service in the church. Let us lift each other up and make serving God a wonderful experience.