About Me

My photo
Chuck Baker is Right! Well, I am. What I mean is that my friends always joke that I’m always right (or at least I think I am). The thing is I don’t say anything, unless I know I’m right. So it's not that I’m right about everything, but usually when I speak I know what I’m talking about. My dad always said, “Don’t speak unless you know your right.” This blog includes many subjects like religion, politics, business, movies, sports, and more. On the left you will see options to search this blog, see popular posts, a catalog of posts, and favorite links. Please check out my YouTube channel by clicking on the link under favorite links.

Another Government Stimulus Package

So we are looking at another Government Stimulas Package. (Maybe we have to see if it passes.)  And it looks like they are going to screw it up again.  They want to spent $1 trillion dollars.  Money will go to help schools reopen.  Money will go to do more testing.  Unemployment insurance will be expanded to replace up to 70% of a person's income on unemployment.   And another $1200 in a Stimulus check.

And again I question why it is only $1200. With $1 trillion in spending they could have given $4000 to everyone over 18 making less than $1 million a year.  But government has to make it as confusing as possible to make sure they grease as many hands as possible.  They could just give $3000 per person and still leave about $250 billion for testing and help for schools.

One good thing is it will limit the liability of businesses when it comes to Covid.  This is a big step in protecting businesses from lawsuits.

Fact is government can't get us through this mess.  It is up tp us and we are going to have to decide if we are going to let a virus win.