About Me

My photo
Chuck Baker is Right! Well, I am. What I mean is that my friends always joke that I’m always right (or at least I think I am). The thing is I don’t say anything, unless I know I’m right. So it's not that I’m right about everything, but usually when I speak I know what I’m talking about. My dad always said, “Don’t speak unless you know your right.” This blog includes many subjects like religion, politics, business, movies, sports, and more. On the left you will see options to search this blog, see popular posts, a catalog of posts, and favorite links. Please check out my YouTube channel by clicking on the link under favorite links.

Two Churches

65% of adults in their 20's believe that you will go to heaven if you are a good person.  

I believe there are two problems in the church.  There are two types of churches that are on opposite sides, but both are losing people. 

The first problem with one side of the church is that they spend more time talking about being "good" and pushing away anyone they think are "bad."  They think they are teaching about grace, but if you are in anyway living how they don't like they will turn you away.  This church is becoming a place for only saints and not a place for sinners.  These churches are more concerned with pointing out people's sins and telling them why they are wrong, instead of just telling them about Christ's love and helping people. This includes churches that never really grow or decline.  They add just enough new members to replace the ones they lose. 

The other side of the church doesn't even want to talk about the Bible or Jesus.  This church is a place for motivational speakers who tell people things that make them feel good, but does nothing to help them grow in their faith.  They are more concerned with worship music being about getting applause.  This includes those mega churches with ministers who are only using their position to sell self-help books.  Those churches might be big, but they are also swallow.