About Me

My photo
Chuck Baker is Right! Well, I am. What I mean is that my friends always joke that I’m always right (or at least I think I am). The thing is I don’t say anything, unless I know I’m right. So it's not that I’m right about everything, but usually when I speak I know what I’m talking about. My dad always said, “Don’t speak unless you know your right.” This blog includes many subjects like religion, politics, business, movies, sports, and more. On the left you will see options to search this blog, see popular posts, a catalog of posts, and favorite links. Please check out my YouTube channel by clicking on the link under favorite links.

$15 An hour

Fast food workers are protesting for a pay increase to $15 an hour.  Maybe this would be a good idea.  Restaurants will start using more technology for ordering food like kiosks, tablets, and apps.  I can already order a pizza with a cell phone app, pay for the food, and just walk in to pick up my food without having to really even talk to anyone.  Restaurants will have to fire a lot of people, but at $15 an hour they will be able to hire higher quality employees. That will produce better tasting food.   Unfortunately over half of those protesting will lose thier jobs, because if you don't have the skills of a $15 an hour person you won't have a job.  As someone who has hired a lot of people, most fast food employees are not skilled enough to be paid $15 an hour.  But paying for people who are skilled at $15 an hour will be able to do the work of 2 or 3 minimum wage workers.   It might be rude, but I can work harder, faster, and better than most any minimum wage worker, because I'm a skilled worker who has proven over the years to be worth more than minimum wage. So raise the pay to $15 an hour, but know a lot of people will lose there jobs to better employees.