About Me

My photo
Chuck Baker is Right! Well, I am. What I mean is that my friends always joke that I’m always right (or at least I think I am). The thing is I don’t say anything, unless I know I’m right. So it's not that I’m right about everything, but usually when I speak I know what I’m talking about. My dad always said, “Don’t speak unless you know your right.” This blog includes many subjects like religion, politics, business, movies, sports, and more. On the left you will see options to search this blog, see popular posts, a catalog of posts, and favorite links. Please check out my YouTube channel by clicking on the link under favorite links.

Being A Parent Isn't A Job

Watching the movie Mom's Night Out at the end of the movie the husband tells the wife/mom that her job is important.  I agree that being a wife/mom is important and so is being a husband/dad.  What I didn't like is this idea of being a mom is a job.  My wife and I couldn't have kids, but wouldn't being a mom or dad be a lifestyle. 

Isn't this one of the problems with parents today is that they look at being a parent as a job.  If I don't like my job I can quit and get a new job.  You can't just quit being a parent and get new kids. 

Also I get confused by people that spend more time complaining about their kids and families, than talking about how wonderful they are.  We see it all the time in TV and movies where being a parent is just a disaster.  I even hear it from people I know.

Fact is a person doesn't have to get married.  They don't have to have kids.  Those are choices on how someone lives their life.  I guess my point is that being a parent is not a job, but it's more and should be a source of joy.  All I know is my mom never acted like being my mom was a job, but a blessing.  

I understand I'm not a parent, so maybe I just don't understand.  But as someone looking on the outside can I say be thankful for your kids.  They are a blessing and not everyone gets to enjoy that blessing.