About Me

My photo
Chuck Baker is Right! Well, I am. What I mean is that my friends always joke that I’m always right (or at least I think I am). The thing is I don’t say anything, unless I know I’m right. So it's not that I’m right about everything, but usually when I speak I know what I’m talking about. My dad always said, “Don’t speak unless you know your right.” This blog includes many subjects like religion, politics, business, movies, sports, and more. On the left you will see options to search this blog, see popular posts, a catalog of posts, and favorite links. Please check out my YouTube channel by clicking on the link under favorite links.

Pence Conversion Therapy Lie

This lie that Pence supports conversion therapy is fake news.  This all goes back to Pence's website where he supported the Ryan White Care Act back in 2000 and wanted reauthorization.  The bill was sponsored back in 1990 by Democrat Ted Kennedy and it was signed by the first Bush, then given reauthorization by George W Bush in 2006, and then again in 2009 by Obama.  So does Obama also support conversion therapy?

Here is the quote from the website in 2000, "Congress should support the reauthorization of the Ryan White Care Act only after completion of an audit to ensure that federal dollars were no longer being given to organizations that celebrate and encourage the types of behaviors that facilitate the spreading of the HIV virus. Resources should be directed toward those institutions which provide assistance to those seeking to change their sexual behavior." 

What he is talking about is supporting safe sex and abstinence.   And back in just July 2016, a spokesman for Pence said that he didn't support conversion therapy. 

I've yet to find anything that has a quote from him supporting it.  And I've read articles from both the New York Times, Snopes, and Politifact to name a few.

Pence is pro-traditional marriage just like millions of other Americans.  But that doesn't mean people should lie about what he actually believes just because you don't like him.