About Me

My photo
Chuck Baker is Right! Well, I am. What I mean is that my friends always joke that I’m always right (or at least I think I am). The thing is I don’t say anything, unless I know I’m right. So it's not that I’m right about everything, but usually when I speak I know what I’m talking about. My dad always said, “Don’t speak unless you know your right.” This blog includes many subjects like religion, politics, business, movies, sports, and more. On the left you will see options to search this blog, see popular posts, a catalog of posts, and favorite links. Please check out my YouTube channel by clicking on the link under favorite links.

Fish Philosophy

FISH is a story about a woman who takes over a department in her company that has become known as the Toxic Energy Dump.  The woman in search of finding a way to turn around her department stumbles into the Fish Philosophy.  The Fish Philosophy was created by the fishmongers of the Pike Place Fish Market in Seattle, Washington.  These fishmongers actually throw fish to each other while calling out customers orders.  They have fun at work by playing with their customers and finding ways to make a each customer’s day.  They are always present in the moment with each customer by putting the customer's needs first.  They also work in very cold to hot temperatures, with long hard hour, and with smelly fish, but they choose to do so with a world famous attitude.  That is what they are called the World Famous Pike Place Fish Market.  People come for all over the world just to see them, and they usually buy something too.  Many companies have instituted the Fish Philosophy such as:  Qualcomm, Franklin Covey, Jack in the Box, Sprint, Nordstrom, Harley-Davidson, Estee Lauder, Southwest Airlines, the Mayo Clinic, and even the U.S. Army.

I have used the Fish Philosophy at many companies that I have worked at and always found it to be a great way to build a team.  Fish is a book by Stephen C. Lundin, Ph.D., Harry Paul, and John Christensen.  I highly recommend this book to help create a better team in your business, church, non-profit group, or any other team.