About Me

My photo
Chuck Baker is Right! Well, I am. What I mean is that my friends always joke that I’m always right (or at least I think I am). The thing is I don’t say anything, unless I know I’m right. So it's not that I’m right about everything, but usually when I speak I know what I’m talking about. My dad always said, “Don’t speak unless you know your right.” This blog includes many subjects like religion, politics, business, movies, sports, and more. On the left you will see options to search this blog, see popular posts, a catalog of posts, and favorite links. Please check out my YouTube channel by clicking on the link under favorite links.

Fish: Choose Your Attitude

Choose Your Attitude

What Do You Own?

Three neighbors were talking when the subject of possessions came up.  “I own a huge mansion!” one proudly proclaimed.  “I own a successful farm!”  said the second.  “I have optimism,” the third said quietly.  His two neighbors laughed at him, for what good is a possession that cannot be seen or touched?

That night a huge storm struck.  The storm destroyed the first neighbor’s house.  “What am I to do?” he cried.  The storm ruined the second neighbor’s crops.  “What will I do?” he lamented.  The storm also destroyed the third neighbor’s home and farm.  “Hmmm, what should I do first?”  he asked himself and then he began doing it.  He rebuilt his home and replanted his crops.

His neighbors had been sitting this entire time, feeling sorry for themselves.  But they watched their neighbor rebuild and they decided to ask him his secret.  “It is no secret,” the man said.  “The only thing I own is what I think.”  The two neighbors suddenly understood, and with the third neighbor’s help, they rebuilt too.

From then on, whenever they met, they did not talk about possessions.  They talked about their blessing, and they shared them, for what sense does it make to hold on to something you do not own?

The Concepts of Choose Your Attitude

A)  What is Choose Your Attitude?

            1)  “When you are doing what you are doing, who are you being?  Are you being impatient and bored, or are you being world famous?  You are going to act differently if you are being world famous.”

            2)  You choose how you will act every moment of everyday.

B)  Benefits of Choose Your Attitude

            1)  Once you choose to have a good attitude you can be more productive.

            2)  Customers will like you more, if your attitude is in tune.

            3)  Co-workers will respect you, if your attitude commands it.

            4)  You will be happier

C)  Ways to Choose Your Attitude

            1)  Look in a mirror everyday, and say “I choose to be World Famous.”

            2)  Play at work, home, and life.

            3)  Find ways to make a person's day.

            4)  Be present in everything you do.

            5)  Have an attitude menu that people can see what attitudes to choose.

            6)  Ask your-self; “What would you do it you weren’t afraid.”
 
What does the book FISH say?

There is always a choice about the way you do your work, even if there is not a choice about the work itself.

The book talks about an Attitude Menu.  On one side was a frowning face surrounded by words like angry, disinterested, and bitter.  On the other side was a smiling face with words like energetic, caring, vital, supportive, and creative.  At the top it said:  The Choice Is Yours.

The Dead Store

A new manager went to visit his new store and his staff in his new store.  He invited them to a store party after work where he could get to know everyone a little better.

When party came hardly anyone showed up, so the manager put an sign in the break room that said, that since the store is dead it deserves a proper burial.  So he invited the staff to come to the break room next Sunday for the funeral of the store.

The staff wanting to know what a funeral for a store would be showed up the next week.  In the back of the break room was a coffin with flowers all over it.  The manager had a minister give an address and then invited the people to pay their last respects to the dead store. 

As the people walked up they looked inside the coffin, then turn away with a guilty look.  Inside the coffin, place just right, was a large mirror.

 
There is always a choice about the way you do your work, even if there is not a choice about the work itself.  Even if you don't love your job, you can love how you do it.  So what is your attitude?