About Me

My photo
Chuck Baker is Right! Well, I am. What I mean is that my friends always joke that I’m always right (or at least I think I am). The thing is I don’t say anything, unless I know I’m right. So it's not that I’m right about everything, but usually when I speak I know what I’m talking about. My dad always said, “Don’t speak unless you know your right.” This blog includes many subjects like religion, politics, business, movies, sports, and more. On the left you will see options to search this blog, see popular posts, a catalog of posts, and favorite links. Please check out my YouTube channel by clicking on the link under favorite links.

Forgive


Matthew 6:12; Forgive us our debts, as we also have forgiven our debtors.

When we forgive others we can here conformation that we have done something good.  But when we forgive ourselves we only have ourselves to say it is okay.  We have to trust God more that we are forgiven.

Matthew 6:14-15; For if you forgive men when they sin against you, your heavenly Father will also forgive you. But if you do not forgive men their sins, your Father will not forgive your sins.

What are the challenges of forgiving others that have hurt you?  They may hurt you again.  They may reject your forgiveness.  It might bring back more pain.  When we forgive and it is rejected it may cause us to become bitter.  When we ask for forgiveness and we are rejected we might punish ourselves more.  But we should not expect people to accept our forgiveness or give us forgiveness.  True forgiveness doesn’t depend on the response we receive.  When we withhold forgiveness in hurts those that need forgiveness and it hurts those that need to forgive.

Hebrews 10:15-18;The Holy Spirit also testifies to us about this. First he says: “This is the covenant I will make with them after that time, says the Lord. I will put my laws in their hearts, and I will write them on their minds.” Then he adds: “Their sins and lawless acts I will remember no more.” And where these have been forgiven, there is no longer any sacrifice for sin.

It is hard to both forgive and forget because we don’t want to be hurt again. Forgetting doesn’t mean you have to put yourself in situations for more pain, but just not letting the pain control you.  Forgive, forget, and move on.

Colossians 3:13; Bear with each other and forgive whatever grievances you may have against one another. Forgive as the Lord forgave you.

God forgave us and we become more like Him when we can forgive.  It is not always easy, but neither was the cross.