About Me

My photo
Chuck Baker is Right! Well, I am. What I mean is that my friends always joke that I’m always right (or at least I think I am). The thing is I don’t say anything, unless I know I’m right. So it's not that I’m right about everything, but usually when I speak I know what I’m talking about. My dad always said, “Don’t speak unless you know your right.” This blog includes many subjects like religion, politics, business, movies, sports, and more. On the left you will see options to search this blog, see popular posts, a catalog of posts, and favorite links. Please check out my YouTube channel by clicking on the link under favorite links.

The Teacher and the Little Girl

A Teacher was going to explain that God did not exist.
The Teacher asked a little boy: “Tommy, do you see the trees outside?
Tommy replied: “Yes.”
The Teacher then asked Tommy: “Do you see the sky? “
Tommy said: “Yes”
The Teacher then asked: “Did you see God?”
Tommy said: “No.”
The Teacher said with a smug voice: “That’s my point. We can’t see God, because he isn’t there. He doesn’t exist.”
Not really a bright argument, but she thought children wouldn’t know. Just then a little girl spoke up and wanted to ask the boy some questions. The teacher agreed.
The little girl asked Tommy: “Tommy, do you see the Trees Outside?”
Tommy again said: “Yes.”
The little girl asked: “Do you see the sky?”
Tommy said: “Yessssssss.”
The little girl then asked: “Tommy, do you see the teacher?”
Tommy a little surprised answered: “Yes.”
The little girl asked: “Do you see her brain?”
Tommy said: “No.”
The little girl then said: “Then according to what we were taught today in school, she must not have one.”

Persecution can come in many forms. It is not always the violence we read about in countries far away. Sometimes persecution can come from jokes that people tell. It can come from the condescending words from co-workers, friends, and family. As Christians we should expect to be persecuted and welcome it. The fact is when others try to tear us down for our faith it is because they are scared. They don’t understand it and it bothers them. Paul says this about persecution, “The fact that I am still being persecuted proves that I am still preaching salvation through the cross of Christ alone.” (Galatians 5:11b, NLT)

If you’ve never experienced some kind persecution, then you made need to check your actions. If people don’t know you’re a Christian by your actions and by your love, then you’ve got some work to do. As the song goes, “they will know we are Christians by our love.” And we should remember that we will be blessed if we are persecuted. Acts 5:41 tells us, “The apostles left the high council rejoicing that God had counted them worthy to suffer dishonor for the name of Jesus.” (NLT)

And even our Lord, Jesus Christ suffered persecution. He was mentally persecuted in a mockery trial and while drying on the cross. He was physically persecuted by being beaten and nail to a tree. Christ suffered persecution for us, so that we will one day suffer from persecution no more. Until then let us rejoice for our persecution for we have been found worthy.