About Me

My photo
Chuck Baker is Right! Well, I am. What I mean is that my friends always joke that I’m always right (or at least I think I am). The thing is I don’t say anything, unless I know I’m right. So it's not that I’m right about everything, but usually when I speak I know what I’m talking about. My dad always said, “Don’t speak unless you know your right.” This blog includes many subjects like religion, politics, business, movies, sports, and more. On the left you will see options to search this blog, see popular posts, a catalog of posts, and favorite links. Please check out my YouTube channel by clicking on the link under favorite links.

Forsaken


What is Hell? When we read scripture we get a lot of descriptions of Hell.

Mark 9:43 says that in Hell there is an everlasting fire.

Luke 16:23 says that in Hell there is torment.

Matthew 24:51 says that in Hell our bodies are destroyed and there is constant weeping and gnashing of teeth.

2 Peter 2:4 say that Hell has many gloomy dungeons.

And Revelations 20:14 says Hell is a lake of fire and the second death.

For me Hell is something much worse than fire, torment, or dungeons.
Have you ever read the book Dante’s Inferno? In the book a man is led by a spirit down the different levels of hell. At the end he comes to final stage of hell where hell is actually frozen over. One of the people there is Judas.

I would love to write my own version of this, maybe call it Baker’s Inferno. I envision a reporter being led down the different levels of hell with an angel. As he goes through each level he sees some of the most horrific sights ever seen and hears the screams of those in torment. Then he comes to an empty room that is completely dark. A shiver runs over his body and he says to the angel, “What is the place? I don’t like it here. Where have you brought me?” The reporter breaks down and begins sobbing. The angel replies, “This is the complete separation from God.” “Take me from this place, I can’t take it anymore,” cries the reporter. The angel response, “You didn’t want God in your life. You wanted to live without Him. So now here you must stay just as you wished, separated from God.” The angel leaves the reporter weeping and gnashing his teeth, forsaken by God.

Hell is the complete separation from God. Those in Hell are completely cut off from God. God will no longer see them and no longer acknowledges them.

2 Thessalonians 1:8-9 says; “He will punish those who do not know God and do not obey the gospel of our Lord Jesus. They will be punished with everlasting destruction and shut out from the presence of the Lord and from the majesty of his power.”

We don’t know what it is like to be separated from God. We don’t know what it means to be forsaken by God. We may sometimes say that we don’t feel God’s presence, but truly we do not know what it means to be outside of God’s presence. Only Christ has known that torment. Only Christ has lived here on earth and felt true separation from God.

Matthew 27:46; About the ninth hour Jesus cried out in a loud voice…, “My God, my God, why have you forsaken me?”

Only Christ has been forsaken by God. This is why Christ asked if the cup could be passed. It was not the pain, but the separation from God that caused him to sweat blood. But because of Christ’s wiliness to suffer the cross and be forsaken; He now holds the keys to death and Hell.

Revelation 1:18; I am the Living One; I was dead, and behold I am alive for ever and ever! And I hold the keys of death and Hades.

Those that do not want to be a part of God’s family will get what they want. And it will more than they could ever imagine. But those that accept the Grace of our Lord Jesus Christ will live in the presence of our Lord for all eternity.