About Me

My photo
Chuck Baker is Right! Well, I am. What I mean is that my friends always joke that I’m always right (or at least I think I am). The thing is I don’t say anything, unless I know I’m right. So it's not that I’m right about everything, but usually when I speak I know what I’m talking about. My dad always said, “Don’t speak unless you know your right.” This blog includes many subjects like religion, politics, business, movies, sports, and more. On the left you will see options to search this blog, see popular posts, a catalog of posts, and favorite links. Please check out my YouTube channel by clicking on the link under favorite links.

The Unjust Judge


1.  Prayer Request

              Why do we take prayer requests if God already knows what we need?

2.  Luke 18:1-3; One day Jesus told his disciples a story to show that they should always pray and never give up. “There was a judge in a certain city,” he said, “who neither feared God nor cared about people. A widow of that city came to him repeatedly, saying, ‘Give me justice in this dispute with my enemy.’
            Widows and orphans were some of the helpless people of the Bible.  Both the Old Testament prophets and the New Testament apostles preached the need to take care of these people.

Examples: 
Exodus 22:22-24;  “You must not exploit a widow or an orphan. 23 If you exploit them in any way and they cry out to me, then I will certainly hear their cry. 24 My anger will blaze against you, and I will kill you with the sword. Then your wives will be widows and your children fatherless. 
James 1:27;  Pure and genuine religion in the sight of God the Father means caring for orphans and widows in their distress and refusing to let the world corrupt you.

3.  Luke 18:4-5; The judge ignored her for a while, but finally he said to himself, ‘I don’t fear God or care about people, but this woman is driving me crazy. I’m going to see that she gets justice, because she is wearing me out with her constant requests!’”
            Winston Churchill said,  “Never, Never, Never, Never Give Up.”

4.  Luke 18:6-8; Then the Lord said, “Learn a lesson from this unjust judge. Even he rendered a just decision in the end. So don’t you think God will surely give justice to his chosen people who cry out to him day and night? Will he keep putting them off? I tell you, he will grant justice to them quickly! But when the Son of Man returns, how many will he find on the earth who have faith?”
            To persist in prayer and to not give up doesn’t mean endlessly long prayers with big fancy words, but it does mean keeping our requests before God.  And while God will answer our prayers quickly, quickly to God and to us are two different things. God will always answer our prayers.  Here are just a few possible answers God may give us.

Yes.
No.

Not at this time.
I have other plans for this situation.

Something better is coming.
It is done, but not like you think.

I am working in you to make you grow.
 
---But God doesn’t say:

Maybe. 
Well See. 

I can’t be bothered.
I’m too busy.

That’s stupid.
Persistent prayer has less to do with getting an answer from God, but more to do with the development of our character in faith.  Persistent prayer is an act of faith.  We pray because in God we have faith that God is listening and he will answer.

References:  Archaeological Study Bible form Zondervan, Life Application Study Bible NLT from Tyndale House,