About Me

My photo
Chuck Baker is Right! Well, I am. What I mean is that my friends always joke that I’m always right (or at least I think I am). The thing is I don’t say anything, unless I know I’m right. So it's not that I’m right about everything, but usually when I speak I know what I’m talking about. My dad always said, “Don’t speak unless you know your right.” This blog includes many subjects like religion, politics, business, movies, sports, and more. On the left you will see options to search this blog, see popular posts, a catalog of posts, and favorite links. Please check out my YouTube channel by clicking on the link under favorite links.

Ruby

Ruby is the birthstone for the month of July.  Ruby has been prized for centuries as a symbol of love and immortality. Ruby has been thought to cure illness and fighting lovers (which is likely true since a piece of ruby jewelry is a great way to say, “I’m sorry”).    Hindus referred to ruby as “The Lord of Gems” and believe its deep red color comes from a fire that was capable of boiling water.  Ruby comes from a variety of mineral called corundum. Basically, rubies are red sapphires. Rubies rank 9.0 on the Mohs hardness scale making it just below diamonds. Rubies are considered precious gemstones along with sapphires, emeralds, and diamonds making them one of the more expensive stones. Because of rubies value, rareness, and popularity it is one of the gemstones that have been cultured.  Ruby is also the recommended gemstone for couples celebrating their 15th and 40th anniversaries.