About Me

My photo
Chuck Baker is Right! Well, I am. What I mean is that my friends always joke that I’m always right (or at least I think I am). The thing is I don’t say anything, unless I know I’m right. So it's not that I’m right about everything, but usually when I speak I know what I’m talking about. My dad always said, “Don’t speak unless you know your right.” This blog includes many subjects like religion, politics, business, movies, sports, and more. On the left you will see options to search this blog, see popular posts, a catalog of posts, and favorite links. Please check out my YouTube channel by clicking on the link under favorite links.

Hold Fast

"To everyone who’s hurting. To those who’ve had enough. To all the undeserving, that should cover all of us. Please do not let go. I promise there is hope. Hold fast, help is on the way. Hold fast, He’s come to save the day. What I’ve learned in my life, one thing greater than my strife is His grasp, so hold fast."

This is a song from Mercy Me and is one of my wife’s favorite songs. She tells me that when she hears the verse “Help is on the way. Hold Fast. He’s come to save the day.” it makes her think of Christ as a superhero, showing up just in time to save the day.

Think about the superhero movies, comics, and TV shows. Just when it looks like all hope is lost, the hero shows up just in time to save the day. Sometimes God works in the same way.

In our lives we suffer trials and troubles. Many times in my own life I’ve wanted to just give up. I’ve even thought at times that God just doesn’t love me. He just doesn’t care how hard things are for me. But when I felt I couldn’t take anymore, just when I thought all hope was lost, that was when He lifted me up. That was when He came and saved the day.

1 Peter 5:10 says, “And the God of all grace, who called you to his eternal glory in Christ, after you have suffered a little while, will himself restore you and make you strong, firm and steadfast.”

We must remember that Christ also suffered and died for us. He promised us that we may suffer for a little while now, but we can take heart that our reward we be that much greater later.

If you are suffering, if you are weary, then go to Christ in prayer, fellowship with other Christians, and seek His Word in the Bible. When it seems that all hope is lost, hold fast for Christ will come and save the day.