About Me

My photo
Chuck Baker is Right! Well, I am. What I mean is that my friends always joke that I’m always right (or at least I think I am). The thing is I don’t say anything, unless I know I’m right. So it's not that I’m right about everything, but usually when I speak I know what I’m talking about. My dad always said, “Don’t speak unless you know your right.” This blog includes many subjects like religion, politics, business, movies, sports, and more. On the left you will see options to search this blog, see popular posts, a catalog of posts, and favorite links. Please check out my YouTube channel by clicking on the link under favorite links.

Parallels of Joseph and Jesus

Joseph
Parallels
Jesus
Gen. 37:3; Now Israel loved Joseph more than any of his other sons, because he had been born to him in his old age
Their fathers loved them dearly.
Matt. 3:17; And a voice from heaven said, “This is my Son, whom I love; with him I am well pleased.”
Gen. 37:2; This is the account of Jacob. Joseph, a young man of seventeen, was tending the flocks
Shepherds of their fathers’ sheep.
John 10:11; “I am the good shepherd. The good shepherd lays down his life for the sheep.
Gen 37:13-14; and Israel said to Joseph, “As you know, your brothers are grazing the flocks near Shechem. Come, I am going to send you to them.”
“Very well,” he replied.
14 So he said to him, “Go and see if all is well with your brothers and with the flocks, and bring word back to me.
Sent by father to brothers.
Heb. 2:11; Both the one who makes men holy and those who are made holy are of the same family. So Jesus is not ashamed to call them brothers.
Gen 37:5; Joseph had a dream, and when he told it to his brothers, they hated him all the more.
 
Brothers did not believe him.
John 7:5; For even his own brothers did not believe in him.
Gen. 37:20; “Come now, let’s kill him and throw him into one of these cisterns and say that a ferocious animal devoured him. Then we’ll see what comes of his dreams.”
Others plotted to take his life.
John 11:53; So from that day on they plotted to take his life.
Gen. 39:7; Now Joseph was well-built and handsome, 7 and after a while his master’s wife took notice of Joseph and said, “Come to bed with me!”
Tempted
Matt. 4:1; Then Jesus was led by the Spirit into the desert to be tempted by the devil.
Gen. 37:25; As they sat down to eat their meal, they looked up and saw a caravan of Ishmaelites coming from Gilead. Their camels were loaded with spices, balm and myrrh, and they were on their way to take them down to Egypt.
Taken to Egypt.
Matt. 2:14-15; So he got up, took the child and his mother during the night and left for Egypt, 15 where he stayed until the death of Herod. And so was fulfilled what the Lord had said through the prophet: “Out of Egypt I called my son.
Gen. 37:23; So when Joseph came to his brothers, they stripped him of his robe—the richly ornamented robe he was wearing
Robs take from them.
John 19:23; When the soldiers crucified Jesus, they took his clothes, dividing them into four shares, one for each of them, with the undergarment remaining. This garment was seamless, woven in one piece from top to bottom.
Gen. 37:28; So when the Midianite merchants came by, his brothers pulled Joseph up out of the cistern and sold him for twenty shekels‍ of silver to the Ishmaelites, who took him to Egypt.
Sold for the price of a slave.
Matt. 26:15; and asked, “What are you willing to give me if I hand him over to you?” So they counted out for him thirty silver coins.
Gen. 39:20; Joseph’s master took him and put him in prison, the place where the king’s prisoners were confined.
Both were taken as prisoners.
Matt. 27:2; They bound him, led him away and handed him over to Pilate, the governor.
Gen. 39:16-18; She kept his cloak beside her until his master came home. 17 Then she told him this story: “That Hebrew slave you brought us came to me to make sport of me. 18 But as soon as I screamed for help, he left his cloak beside me and ran out of the house.”
Falsely accused.
Matt. 26:59-60; The chief priests and the whole Sanhedrin were looking for false evidence against Jesus so that they could put him to death. 60 But they did not find any, though many false witnesses came forward.
Gen. 40:2-3; Pharaoh was angry with his two officials, the chief cupbearer and the chief baker, 3 and put them in custody in the house of the captain of the guard, in the same prison where Joseph was confined.
Placed with two other prisoners, one who was saved and the other was lost.
Luke 23:32; Two other men, both criminals, were also led out with him to be executed.
Gen. 41-46; Joseph was thirty years old when he entered the service of Pharaoh king of Egypt. And Joseph went out from Pharaoh’s presence and traveled throughout Egypt.
Both 30 years old at the beginning of public recognition.
Luke 3:23; Now Jesus himself was about thirty years old when he began his ministry. He was the son, so it was thought, of Joseph,
Gen. 41:41; So Pharaoh said to Joseph, “I hereby put you in charge of the whole land of Egypt.”
Exalted after suffering.
Phil. 2:9-11; Therefore God exalted him to the highest place and gave him the name that is above every name, 10that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, in heaven and on earth and under the earth, 11and every tongue confess that Jesus Christ is Lord,
to the glory of God the Father.
Gen. 45:4-5; Then Joseph said to his brothers, “Come close to me.” When they had done so, he said, “I am your brother Joseph, the one you sold into Egypt! 5 And now, do not be distressed and do not be angry with yourselves for selling me here, because it was to save lives that God sent me ahead of you.
Forgave those who wronged them.
Luke: 23:34; Jesus said, “Father, forgive them, for they do not know what they are doing.”‍And they divided up his clothes by casting lots.
Gen. 45:7; But God sent me ahead of you to preserve for you a remnant on earth and to save your lives by a great deliverance.
Saved their nation.
Matt. 1:21; She will give birth to a son, and you are to give him the name Jesus,‍ because he will save his people from their sins.”
Gen. 50:20;  You intended to harm me, but God intended it for good to accomplish what is now being done, the saving of many lives.
What people did to hurt them God turned to good.
1 Corin. 2:7-8; No, we speak of God’s secret wisdom, a wisdom that has been hidden and that God destined for our glory before time began. 8 None of the rulers of this age understood it, for if they had, they would not have crucified the Lord of glory.