About Me

My photo
Chuck Baker is Right! Well, I am. What I mean is that my friends always joke that I’m always right (or at least I think I am). The thing is I don’t say anything, unless I know I’m right. So it's not that I’m right about everything, but usually when I speak I know what I’m talking about. My dad always said, “Don’t speak unless you know your right.” This blog includes many subjects like religion, politics, business, movies, sports, and more. On the left you will see options to search this blog, see popular posts, a catalog of posts, and favorite links. Please check out my YouTube channel by clicking on the link under favorite links.

Twisters

This is one of the worst movies that I've seen in a long time.  The acting was unoriginal and stereotypical. I thought Glen Powell was supposed to be the star, but really he is just annoying. The guy has one acting style and that is to smirk. The characters were forgettable and uninteresting.   The twister special effects weren't that special and unimpressive.  The special effects from the 1996 movie Twister were better.  At no point did I fear for the characters or had any concern whatsoever.  The plot was extremely predictable and I could see what was going to happen at each moment.  The movie also basically ruins the entire outcomes to the original movie.  There is a reference that this movie not only takes place in the same universe, but comes years later after the original.  The problem is they make clear that predicting tornados is almost completely impossible and the weather alert system doesn't even give any warning of a tornado.  In the original the entire plot revoles around them using "Dorothy" to put sensors inside a tornado so they can understand them better.  The conclusion from the 1st movie is that we should be better at alerting and predicting tornados.  But based on this movie that data must not have made any difference, because there is almost no alert system and people are clueless when a tornado is about to come.

The movie is also very woke, but Hollywood is getting good at hiding it.  They basically blame climate change without saying it.  You have the "Girl Boss" character who is basically both the Bill Paxton and Helen Hunt characters at the same time.  They make sure to let you know capitalism is bad.  And the good guys are all represented by each special interest minority group.  The movie is a train wreak and I couldn't wait for it too end.