About Me

My photo
Chuck Baker is Right! Well, I am. What I mean is that my friends always joke that I’m always right (or at least I think I am). The thing is I don’t say anything, unless I know I’m right. So it's not that I’m right about everything, but usually when I speak I know what I’m talking about. My dad always said, “Don’t speak unless you know your right.” This blog includes many subjects like religion, politics, business, movies, sports, and more. On the left you will see options to search this blog, see popular posts, a catalog of posts, and favorite links. Please check out my YouTube channel by clicking on the link under favorite links.

Brightburn

So Superman takes the view that we are more influenced by nurture, while Brightburn says we we are influenced by nature.  Superman was who he was because of the parents who raised him.   In Brightburn while we see good parents. they ultimately have no power against what their child is naturally drawn to be.  The movie was smart to keep it at 90 minutes, because had they tried to make a character study it would have completely fallen apart.  The movie is moves quickly. but in reality it moves to nothing.  You could see that it was going to end one of two ways.  Neither were really that creative.  Not a bad movie, just maybe a better idea on paper.  How do you deal with an evil superhuman child?