About Me

My photo
Chuck Baker is Right! Well, I am. What I mean is that my friends always joke that I’m always right (or at least I think I am). The thing is I don’t say anything, unless I know I’m right. So it's not that I’m right about everything, but usually when I speak I know what I’m talking about. My dad always said, “Don’t speak unless you know your right.” This blog includes many subjects like religion, politics, business, movies, sports, and more. On the left you will see options to search this blog, see popular posts, a catalog of posts, and favorite links. Please check out my YouTube channel by clicking on the link under favorite links.

Thank You for Supporting My Mom

On Friday, Nov. 15, 2019, we buried my mom Joann Baker.  For the past 4 months we having been dealing with mom's deteriorating health due to brain cancer.  During these past 4 months there has been many people to help us and I would like to thank those people.  Linde Johns Baker for all the times you stayed with mom so Jenny and I could go to work.  Thank you for helping to take care of your mom and visiting my mom with Dominick in the hospital and nursing home.  Thank you Keith Baker, Greta Baker, Teresa Ray, and D.s. Rooks for coming to stay with mom, so I could go to work or let Jenny go run errands. And for the food you made us.  Thank you to John M. Sichting and Ron Bridgewater for coming to see and pray for my mom.  And thank you for the wonderful job you both did at her memorial service.  Thank you Jack Stieringer and Mary Grace Stieringer for making the trip from Buffalo a few weeks after your wedding to see MaBaker and thank you Jack for being a pallbearer. Thank you Theresa Baldwin for coming to see mom and to David Baldwin for being a pallbearer.   Thank you to all her pallbearers Don Walker, Benjamin Rooks, Rikki D. Jr. Johnson, and Jaysen Ray.  Thank you to my cousin Reba Richards, my uncle Eris Dunbar, my aunt Lonas Richards, and my uncle Gary Dunbar, and my cousin Ernie Wells for visiting my mom at home, in the hospital, and at the nursing home. Thank to my mother-in-law Sue Johns for being a friend to mom and listening to me when I would get stressed out.  Thank you to my boss at DXL Cathy Jenner for being flexible with my schedule and always being there to listen.  You are more than a boss, you are a good friend.  And thank you for the flowers. Thank you to my staff at DXL Indy for working around my schedule and being so supportive. Thank you to the staff and managers at Donut Central, Norma Mcleod, Coleman McLeod, Danielle McLeod, Marlee Brunni,  Andrew Brunni, and Summer for caring about me and offering so much support.  Thank you for all the prayers from the members of New Hope Christian Church and East Columbus Christian Church. Thank you to the staff of the 7th Floor of Columbus Regional Hospital for taking care of my mom.  Thank you to the team and staff at Brown County Health and Living for taking care of my mom while in your care and helping us get her home.  Thank you to the wonderful team at Our Hospice Of South Central Indiana, especially Tiffany and Alisha who showed my mom so much care and kindness.  We wouldn't have made it without your help.  And with that thank you to all those that made memorial donations to Our Hospice:  Charity Perkinson, Mark Elmerick, Jennifer Dunbar, Dawn McGuffey Dunbar, Mike Engelstad, Michelle Lambert, Jeff Stieringer and Carmen Stieringer, Karen Semon Disney, Gary Dunbar, Debbi Wells, Christopher Geideman, Ernie Wells, Adam Rooks, Scott Mcmaken, Aubrey Sunshine Gioscio, Ray and Dee Rooks, Sharon Baker, Carolyn Greathouse, Barb Pulley, Teresa and Jaysen Ray and Jonita Shull London.  And to Mary Lou Greathouse for her donation to New Hope.  And thank you for those that sent flowers:  my company DXL Big + Tall, my Area VP Ellis Ishee, Keith's company Berkshire Hathaway HomeServices, Amberly and Cory Simmons, Aunt Patti Baker and Cousin Angie, Cindy and Jeff Hopkins, my Aunt Lois and Uncle Gene Bennett.  And thank you all that came to the visitation and/or funeral.  It was wonderful seeing and feeling the outpouring of love.  I'm sure there are some I missed, but one I could not miss is my wonderful wife Jenny Baker.  Without your love and support I wouldn't have made it.  You were a rock and my strength.   Thank you for loving my mom as your own mother.  Thank you everyone and God Bless you all.